Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with original BMW performance upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience with original BMW performance upgrade?

Am considering fitting the BWM performance power kit to my E93 335. It should increase torque from 400 to 450NM while of course ensuring my 5 year service pack and extended warrenty stays intact. Anyone has any experience with the power kit?

the dealer has to install it for u if u r looking to keep you warranty . even if its oem parts , should be installed by them .

Comment

Thanks - that is what I expected. Does anyone have this fitted? My car has the DCT box and thus I should get the full effect of the power kit (ie the 50 NM increase in torque) which sounds rather good......

Comment

if you are looking for 50NM increase of torque , the cheapest and the fastest way to get this without changing anything in the car ,, go for Viezu reflash , our sponser here does it for a good price for the club members ,, and a lot of 335I drivers has it and they are happy with it ( 60HP increase ) ... the agency can't tell that you have viezu cuz it's simply a software loaded to your ECU ..

http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=viezu

I think this is the best solution for you dude .. anyway good luck ..

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

The N54 engine has the "double-300"; 300hp and ~300NM. Do you have other mods now that took you to 400NM?

Viezu did great work with many 335's and 135's, their work is instantly noticeable. As for OEM parts, they'd be overpriced compared to other aftermarket products cuz you retain the warranty + pay dealer labor rates.
          Last edited by Ayham; 25-04-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.592 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

I agree wit EHSSAN and AYHAM... U might keep ur warranty with the OEM perf kit but they will charge u a hell lot of money for labour plus the kit itself is not very cheap whereas VIEZU has very good prices for members and its stealth they won't detect it at AGMC. Personally I installed it on my 335i and I'm very very satisfied with it I went for stage 2 (+60HP) that's wat I recommend.

Keep us updated and good luck ;)
            Last edited by reak6ion; 25-04-2010, 11:33 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

thanks for all the feedback. AGMC has not given me installation cost but advised that the kit including the additional fan etc will cost around AED 10,000.

Comment

Ayham,
                no other mods - the engine is rated at 400NM at 1300 - 5000rpm (and actually believe often performing above that level when tested). On that note - is anyone offering a dyno to test this in dubai?.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

The N54 engine has the "double-300"; 300hp and ~300NM. Do you have other mods now that took you to 400NM?

Viezu did great work with many 335's and 135's, their work is instantly noticeable. As for OEM parts, they'd be overpriced compared to other aftermarket products cuz you retain the warranty + pay dealer labor rates.
                  :lol:
                  The N54 is a twin-turbocharged straight-6 automobile engine from BMW. It was launched in late 2006 as a high-performance option for the BMW 3-Series, first to be released along with the new 3-series E92 Coupé, to be followed closely by other existing 3-series models, then with other BMW series as well. It is BMW's first production turbocharged gasoline engine in 26 years since the 745i in 1980. The engine won the International Engine of the Year award in 2007 and 2008.
                  N54B30:year 2006 3.0 L (2979 cc/181 in³) 225 kW (306 hp) @ 5800 400 N·m (295 ft·lbf) @ 1300-5000 7000 rpm.
                  N54B30:year 2008 3.0 L (2979 cc/181 in³) 243 kW (326 hp) @ 5800[1] 450 N·m (332 ft·lbf) @ 1500-4500 7000 rpm
                  According to BMW, the N54B30 produces 306 hp (228 kW) and 295 ft·lbf/400 N·m. Third party testing has revealed the engine is significantly underrated, producing 332 hp (248 kW) and 311 ft·lbf/422 N·m in one test. The engine uses two small low-pressure turbochargers to remove turbo lag at low elevations. For this reason, the turbo pressure is only 0.4 bar (5.8 psi), as the engineering goal was to offer the same driving feel as with naturally aspirated engines. The ample torque of the engine combined with the lack of turbo lag provides the same feel as a small V8. The new engine debuted at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show.
                  Source: Wikipedia.com
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lon View Post
                    thanks for all the feedback. AGMC has not given me installation cost but advised that the kit including the additional fan etc will cost around AED 10,000.
                    That's already quite an amount...If u didnt do it yet go over the thread talking about Viezu Performance and read the feedback of people that went for that remap already.U will find the ME authorised dealer cell number as well,Mr Suhaib,giv him a call he'll be more than happy to update u with any info u want.
                    But what i am sure of is that its gonna cost u a lot less for a better result.
                    Keep us updated! Good Luck
                    ;)
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry, mixed up the measuring units (295ft.Ib - 332ft.Ib) :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                        Sorry, mixed up the measuring units (295ft.Ib - 332ft.Ib) :D
                        you are forgiven boss... :D:bow:
                        sigpic

Comment

10.000 AED ???? , with all the mods and upgrades on my car , I didn't reach 10.000 AED yet ,, OMG .. as far as I heard is that the OEM performance kit will add not more than 30HP , but it's good for people who track a lot cuz they focused on controling the oil heat - and air flow ... but nothing much ...

so if you take your car to the track very often , then go for it .. because that's the only issue I face when i go to the track , i can't handle the oil heat more than 20 minutes of hard driving ..

Comment

BMW Performance will not handle continuous track conditions, period! That's not their target audience....For track junkies, there are track-focused aftermarket parts ;)

Comment

I'm talking about the performance kit of the 335I only ... thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X