Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persisting problem.. no explanation

This is with regards to my 323 ci e46.
    The car shivers in the morning while warming up, and when i start moving after the temp gauge passes the blue part, the car performance is negatively affected and keeps "tenattesh" the feeling you usually feel when there is one spark plug is damaged.
    - Spark plugs have been changed
    - coil for cylinder number6 is changed
    - Injectors taken out and cleaned

The check engine soon lamp is lit, and didnt go after the above, the computer readings show that the values of cylinder 6 is not in the normal range, as per John check up.

Noting that after the car warms up the "tanteesha" is over and the car goes back to it normal performance, and remains the full day going smoothly. The check engine lamp sometimes goes off too.

Next morning we come back to the same issue

any advice of what is this or where can I check the car
    M 'nM=my initials, charges with :///M:power, even not driving one..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
    e36 328i vert, e46 323 ci
    Older rides: colt '95, punto '03, astra coupe '00

It's perhaps your ignition coil 2 or the MASF

Project DVS
    Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
    CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

if i where you i wou've changed all the coils

Comment

Does it happen mainly when you launch the car, say, off a traffic light or a roundabout...

Comment

it only happens when the car is parked for a long time (like more than 10 hours) and it cools down, once it warms up and reaches the normal temperature it returns acting as a totally normal car

Again what happens is,
          after ignition standing still on neutral before movement: Shivering
          Starting to move while it is still not reaching the normal temp: "tanteesha" I know this is an egyptian expression but to make it clear the engine sound and feel becomes "tatatatatata" as if i installed an exhaust!! but the performance is decreased about 60%

I really dont know what is the value that is not normal for cylinder 6, but what i know that the normal range should be below 1 and the cylinder is reading above 5.
          M 'nM=my initials, charges with :///M:power, even not driving one..
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
          e36 328i vert, e46 323 ci
          Older rides: colt '95, punto '03, astra coupe '00

Comment

did u checked the fuel pump? or maybe some of the main relays (spark plugs fireing relay)?

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I think I have same issue when i park my car overnight and start it when its cold for the first 5 mins it drives the same way with a high exhaust sound and little bit of a shiver...I never tried to push it when it is still cold so i cant judge on the under performance part I dunno if it normal or not(Please someone give me a small info now that i have a problem so i ll start my usual panic attack:D)
              sigpic
              :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

Loud exhaust noise and edginess on the M3 is normal, the car holds its idle revs higher when cold to quicken heating up the oil...

As for xplod's E36, it can be one of these:

- Coils are shot
                - Spark plugs are shot
                - MAF on its way out
                - Crank/cam sensors are shot

Hook it up to a GT1 to be sure.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

4 the record my car needs spark plugs replacement so I think u should start from there since they are the easiest path ayham thx from saving from one panic attack
                  sigpic
                  :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

sallam.....change them at AD motor this time! inform me to go with u :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I had the same problem before, when you tried to move it you feel that your engie is shaking?

i think it is related to the air presure on your engine and it can be easily fixed.
                      sigpic
                      Current : F30 335 Alpine white

Comment

At this weather when I start driving my car after a cold start. At 1st gear doing 20km/h on 3000RPM the car starts to (kind of) shake due to the cold oil(s) .. but 1 minute after that it goes back to normal .. oh yeah, and the exhaust goes nuts when its cold !
                        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                        eMail:
                        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Feels like driving in a pit lane for the first 45 seconds in a cold start :D Never fails to grab everybody's attention!! Low and constant speed, 3,000 RPM, stuck into first! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                            At this weather when I start driving my car after a cold start. At 1st gear doing 20km/h on 3000RPM the car starts to (kind of) shake due to the cold oil(s) .. but 1 minute after that it goes back to normal .. oh yeah, and the exhaust goes nuts when its cold !
                            Hi Rifo, that is the catalytic converter what should do in the cold weather, but most of the cars here in this area the catalytic converter get defect after use for many years, i can understand that all engines after few years will start shaking but it will not be that noticeable, but if it is noticeable there is another problem either your catalytic converter is not working or another engine issue
                            sigpic
                            Current : F30 335 Alpine white

Comment

^^ I think its just normal due to cold weather !! .. the cars here r used to HOT weather .. so expect weird issues when the weather is cold !
                              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                              eMail:
                              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                              X