Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 best mod

hi guys

I really wanna tell about the best mod of the m20 engines, i never thought it will effect like that, i thought the differance will be not seen

anyway I installed m30 AFM (VFM) on my m20 and didn't notice so much improvement in acceleration but after i changed my injectors to Bosch design III 19lb (ford mustang V8 injectors) i saw biiiiiiiiiiiig difference.

you can't imagin, I never believed that it would effect like that, I thought am wasting money with this mod, no I even can go with second gear instead of first and i wont feel the differance, oh yea one more thing I neve expected that it will save gas, (I guess you know am working in dubai and living in alain)

anway here what I did in details
    1- I designed an intake system from turbo intercooler pipes (alluminum)
    2- put a M30 AFM which is much bigger than the m20 AFM, so it will allow more air to flow inside the intake manifold.

NOTE: when you want to do that choose the AFM that ends with 027
    or you will have to swap the electronic board which is inside the AFM with the m20 AFM and believe me you dont wanna do that I broke tow trying

3- Bosch design III 19lb comes with four pintle instead of the original 15lb old Bosch design I (one pintle) dont thinkt that it will give petrol more than the required amount -Controled by the ECU- it only give the required amount faster, so you will get the better acceleration.

that is first stage
    the second you will need Adjustable FPR with Air/Fuel Gauge so you will be able to adjust the AIR/Fuel ratio (to prevent the engine from running lean or rich).

if you have any question please ask, I guess there is only few in the forum who can try this upgrade
    I read alot about these upgrade but as i told you never expected that it will go that smooth and with that improvement
    :E30Cabrio: But remember that is not turbo but you can notice real hp gain (am so excited because it's the first mod that gave this feeling)

guys i think it's better to upgrade the injectors even for m50 because the m50 also design I also put the same like th original -s50 runs 17lb inj bosch1 also- but designIII unless if you are running a bigger maf or turbo or whatever

Some pics are attached for my setup as bruno requested :D

Attached Files
    Last edited by Nasser; 15-12-2010, 03:51 PM.

BMW E30 m20b27 NOW | Korando 4x4 (Engine: Mercedes 320) NOW | Yamaha YFZ350 2003 modedNOW | Chev. cavalier 1998 moded History | BMW e36 m52b28 History

i have one thing to say.... post pics of your set up baba! i want to see :drool:

Comment

wow! sounds like a great mod!...

Great DIY!
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        i have one thing to say.... post pics of your set up baba! i want to see :drool:
        OK BABA, I post some pics in evening

BMW E30 m20b27 NOW | Korando 4x4 (Engine: Mercedes 320) NOW | Yamaha YFZ350 2003 modedNOW | Chev. cavalier 1998 moded History | BMW e36 m52b28 History

Comment

photos were added to the thread
          my AFM is temperory as you can see i had to open to switch the electronic board
          anyway as I've said the m30 AFM which ends with 027 is plug & play for the e30

Comment

Good stuff Nasser, nice to see an M20 being take car of !

About the intake manifold and the valve cover paint, did you mask the BMW letters and the ridge lines with tape, paint the rest and then peal off and sand down with sand paper ?
            OR
            Paint/sand the letters and ridges first, wait to dry, mask tape and then repaint the rest ?
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

I painted the whole valve with blue with the letters covered then painted the letters with silver
              you wont like the the sanded letters with paint (glossy paint)
              because i couldn't find any matt tempreture resistant paint (I found only black and i have the bottle at home if someone wants it, it holds up to 1000c)
              Last edited by Nasser; 11-05-2009, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X