Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melting Season is coming...Heat Soak Fix???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melting Season is coming...Heat Soak Fix???

found this at M5 forum

https://www.wirecare.com/products.asp?prodline=hfn

wat do you guys think?

Ayham

nops that will trap heat in ur headers and will cause it to crack in the long run....
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

that is a good point !

Comment

These are only for race applications, pointless for everyday street use on a street car. Reasons to use them is if your running long headers that go under the car or wide headers that come really close to the body/frame and any other accessories such as your PS pump or steering rack.
        Your car already has good heat shielding around heat sensitive areas, so this totally unnecesary. One more thing, you'll have to remove your headers to get them wrapped ! That's a b*tch !
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Ebay headers, yes this would kill them. But high-end/OE headers, I doubt it Bashar.

My understanding is that a hotter exhaust is as important as a colder intake air. And you don't want your engine bay to be heat soaked cuz you're running at the limit during a track day or a race day. So I agree, it's a good solution but not really justified for DD.

My $0.2...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            Ebay headers, yes this would kill them. But high-end/OE headers, I doubt it Bashar.

My understanding is that a hotter exhaust is as important as a colder intake air. And you don't want your engine bay to be heat soaked cuz you're running at the limit during a track day or a race day. So I agree, it's a good solution but not really justified for DD.

My $0.2...
            Have seen many cases online and in real world where the headers had hair line cracks :) (OEM headers also do so :))

its a total waste of time and money if u ask me.....specially for a DD :)
            sigpic
            iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
            Falcons Garage
            Carbotech

Comment

Working...
            X