X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really confused about the chip tuning

Hi guys...
    I've heared lots of things today...
    some guys said the 335 chip tuning (even if there is a good cooling system) it will damage the gear and the engine...
    so, it's better to NOT tune the car...

any idea ???

I've checked so many sites...

most of them they say it's reliable... so many guys tuned there cars and there is no probs with their cars...
    sigpic

PP performance stage 2 software - active autowork downpipe - active autowork intercooler - dinan oil cooler - Hamann loud exhausts - Hamann full bodykit - BMW performance rims - BMW Performance steering wheel - BMW performance stripes

Are you talking about automatic cars because yours is a DCT equipped model. Most reviews would be about auto's because they're more common.

But, I don't really think DCT has a problem with a little extra horses mechanically speaking. Software wise, I don't really know...
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

nope it wont.... The only thing you MIGHT face is the " Engine Fault " error which is only an electrical fault ... stop by Abu Dhabi motors and ask for G-Power tuning...

They're giving it for 8k which still keeps ur warranty and you'll gain an extra 30-50 hp ...
      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

hmmm..
        I Really dont know
        I have no experience in engine tuning...
        I just read alot.. that's all for me :P
        and now I'm plannig to tune my car with G-POWER St3
        but my most of my friends are recommanding me to NOT TUNE IT
        sigpic

PP performance stage 2 software - active autowork downpipe - active autowork intercooler - dinan oil cooler - Hamann loud exhausts - Hamann full bodykit - BMW performance rims - BMW Performance steering wheel - BMW performance stripes

Comment

G-power St3 = 387Hp / 561Nm (this is without the intercooler) << when I called them they said they didn't made a cooling system for the 335 till now..
          so, god knows what HP it will reach after the cooling system.. I think around 400~410 :P
          0 - 100 = 4.2~
          sigpic

Comment

G-Power sounds like a good option coz it's done at ur local dealer & keeps ur warranty.. other stuff like Vishnu don't exist here which makes it a PITA if something goes wrong..

i don't think there should be a problem in ur DCT handling the extra horses & torque as long as you don't go with crazy figures ;)

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I second the Abu Dhabi Motors route...

Comment

Well, lets put it this way. BMW has one of the most reliable gearboxs in the industry, even the infamous SMGI was able to hold higher torque figures when going FI.

I'd say go ahead with the G-power tune, and your gearbox/Differential should be compeletly fine..... but what concerns me is that if going to that high torque figures you should consider an aftermarker Clutch for your DCT so can transfer that power to your back wheels.

Our BMW clutches are built well to hold your stock power figure and in the event of doing other modes like (Cams, intake, exh., tune, etc) it will still hold the power just fine. But when we go for FI we usually change the clutch system since it cant coupe with the amount of power those engines go to when FI'ed.

So its just the matter if your stock clutch will hold the power or not, but your Gearbox will be 100% safe and sound:D

I'd suggest going to G-power at Abudahbi Motors and ask if ur going to need a clutch replacement ??
                Last edited by Bashar M.; 08-04-2009, 11:25 AM.
                sigpic
                iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                Falcons Garage
                Carbotech

Comment

but his car has already got forced induction, and the G-Power gains are within 15-20% which i assume is safe!

BMW history:

Comment

yup but no harm in checking since the torque increase is a clutch killer :)

As i said ur Clutch should hold the power since the increase is not very high, but better safe than sorry :)
                    sigpic
                    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                    Falcons Garage
                    Carbotech

Comment

thaaanks guys for the useful information..

there some points that I didn't know about..

I'll check with G-power and the dealer..
                      sigpic

Comment

I am interested in the Juice Box tune for the 335i. I read that the JB+ tune is an easy 'plug and play' tune that does not require you to get in to the ECU and does not throw error codes. Check it out also.

I read about the G-power but I got the impression they only offered it for the BMW's with diesel engines?

Comment

They're in the final development stages for the N54 engine..

Comment

hiiii guys how u all doin..
                            the AD motors has no more G power tuning chip,,the company stop sending...i was in AD motor be4 week ago they told me that..and the chip give u 15 to 20 hp..
                            but they have AC schnitzer chip around 20000ad i guess
                            ToMmYHi:lol:

Comment

are u sure it's 20,000 DHS?? that's waaaay too much for a chip!

BMW history:

Comment

Working...
                              X