Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Ram Air System

Hey Guys,

Im new around the block, and was curious about fitting a Ram Air Intake system to my 330Ci. Is it possible to get it in the UAE from retailers or will I have to make an online order? Any downsides or recommendations?

Thanks

When I had my 330i, I bought a short ram intake from USA and installed it myself, very easy to install by yourself, only issue is you will lose a bit of low-end torque, but you will get more hp at higher up the rev range
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

try the gruppem intake on your 330... i always wanted to do so on my previous car

Comment

There'd be a possibility of damaging your MAF sensor with an aftermarket CAI. And the biggest downside is the throttle lag at low RPM, could get irritating.

On top end though it screams and you can feel the car pulling more compared to before.

Comment

I was indeed thinking of going for the gruppem intake....but wanted to avoid waiting for 3 weeks for it to come from Japan. Any suggestions?

Comment

I'd wait for a quality product than get a 2nd-best in half the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              I'd wait for a quality product than get a 2nd-best in half the time...
              +1

Comment

+1 on the GruppeM intake.
                And the noise it makes coupled with the top end engine breathing is worth the wait my friend !
                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                X