Valvetrain Adjustment..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super...

Any problems if the valves are left unadjusted? (besides the noise)

Comment

Yes you will wear out the peak of your cam lobes over time and a drop in performance.

Comment

Good excuse for some aftermarket Schricks :D

Comment

You were just looking for an excuse !!

Still, the adjustment job is needed. Don't take chances with your engine.
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Ayham,
            Please check attached for official inspection II stages by BMW. I hope it helps. Let me know if you need something else.
            Attached Files

Comment

I've seen it before, but my question is this: Has the valve clearance been done by AGMC/ADM on the cars under warranty?

Comment

Every BMW dealership world wide allocates 4.2 hours on an inspection II service,it clearly states on the inspection sheet that you must check the valve clearance and adjust if necessary.You are still charged if they check the valves or not,You should get a copy of the inspection II sheet and check or ask the service advisor.(ask for the time clocked on the job card)Most Tech's don't bother checking the valve clearance (known fact)
                Last edited by Shak; 17-01-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

$tealers try to avoid as much work as possible.
                  Sometimes because they don't know how to do it, but that's only in problem trouble shooting and repairing cases.
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Well, knowing what I know about dealerships technicians I highly doubt they ever bother with checking anything besides oil, filters, brakes, and tires.

Shak, car's coming in next month for this job.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                      Well, knowing what I know about dealerships technicians I highly doubt they ever bother with checking anything besides oil, filters, brakes, and tires.
                      +1

Comment

Shak, car's coming in next month for this job.
                        :iagree: they just know the basics, nothing else

Comment

+1 i don't know how one of our memebrs ended up without having oil in his engine after a service

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                            +1 i don't know how one of our memebrs ended up without having oil in his engine after a service

Comment

Working...
                            X