Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: How to break in a new engine???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: How to break in a new engine???

i don't know what u dudes think about it...i am sure most of us are following the way illustrated on our car's front glass,taking it easy for the fist few thousand kilometers, which is the best way to break in a new engine...

or is it?

my mind completely changed after i had seen and applied the things in the link below!!!:msolved:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

i applied this to 2 pairs of identical cars (2 toyota corolla 1.8s and 2 toyota yaris) and the results were astonishing!

ok the one which was pushed hard during the break in period was not beating hard the other but yes! it was beating from 80 to 150 by one car length

some says it is because of the handicap occurred during production some says the engine will not last more than 100k kilometers...

well, just wanted to know what u dudes think of it

PS: I would never push my babe if it was brand new :)

You know what they say when you drive an E39 M5,
    Drive it like you stole it:rev:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

i couldn't read everything.... but i got the point. now did you really apply them?

Comment

There is no one solid answer to this topic because the outcomes are subjectively attributed to your belief system. I can hear you thinking why not have 2 identical engines from x manufacturer off of an assembly line, apply both break in regimes, and have them monitored from their hour zero? Well, no 2 engines are 100% identical. You'd be surprised how much a fracture percentage would affect the outcome.

My $0.2 :)

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
          You know what they say when you drive an E39 M5,
          Drive it like you stole it:rev:
          :iagree:

Comment

^^ You????

:rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              ^^ You????

:rofl:
              You havent seen my dark side Ayham, but when Im with the Club members I always tend to avoid BMW Club UAE General Rule No 3, which says:
              3) Performing car stunts in an endangering manner to other people or possessions during club meets and drives is strictly prohibited and said member will be expulsed immediately.

Comment

For you I will make an exception!!

sorry bro, but me can't see you driving it like you stole it! ;)

Comment

I'm sure a light dose of Red Line Challenge would turn that around !
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

floor it!, then change oil!
                    Meskovic
                    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      i couldn't read everything.... but i got the point. now did you really apply them?
                      i did, and the one which was broken in the way stated in the link was beating the other which was not pushed till 5k km

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                        There is no one solid answer to this topic because the outcomes are subjectively attributed to your belief system. I can hear you thinking why not have 2 identical engines from x manufacturer off of an assembly line, apply both break in regimes, and have them monitored from their hour zero? Well, no 2 engines are 100% identical. You'd be surprised how much a fracture percentage would affect the outcome.

My $0.2 :)
                        which is exactly what i tried to say

maybe the one broken in like hell was beating the other because of the handicap occurred during production phase

no solid answers but things in the link are logical enough to try, or at least to get my mind confused

anyhow, as i said, would never try it on my babe but it is worth trying to see the difference

Comment

Working...
                        X