Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchase - Safe or not ?

Hey guys,
    I just want to know, how safe is it to buy a steering from the net. I have done several purchases from ebay but those had protection, this guy isnt listing it on EBAY.

Bruno, since you are a member at e46fanatics, a guy there is selling a steering wheel, do u think its safe to go ahead and buy it from him ?? Any advice.

Originally posted by ba7raini View Post
    Hey guys,
    I just want to know, how safe is it to buy a steering from the net. I have done several purchases from ebay but those had protection, this guy isnt listing it on EBAY.

Bruno, since you are a member at e46fanatics, a guy there is selling a steering wheel, do u think its safe to go ahead and buy it from him ?? Any advice.
    What steering wheel is it that you want? If you're feeling unsure about handing your money over to a private seller, I bet if you looked around the net you would find a good price from an established supplier. Give us the details and let's see what we can find...
    theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
    Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
    Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
    Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
      What steering wheel is it that you want? If you're feeling unsure about handing your money over to a private seller, I bet if you looked around the net you would find a good price from an established supplier. Give us the details and let's see what we can find...

Its a second hand steering wheel, and its going for $90 :S its for an e46 multi funtion buttons, round airbag.

Comment

Bruno is our Ebay whore, im sure he will reply you soon, keep tuned..

Comment

If you know the guy and his reputation is good, then I would go for it...What steering is it? We might be able to find it elsewhere..

Comment

This is the wheel, and I dont know the guy, he is just a forum user.

Comment

I think the 330s have the same steering, are you going for the steering or the aluminium trim ?

Comment

Originally posted by ba7raini View Post
                Its a second hand steering wheel, and its going for $90 :S its for an e46 multi funtion buttons, round airbag.
                will you need programming after that have you researched the programming part?

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                If you know the guy and his reputation is good, then I would go for it...What steering is it? We might be able to find it elsewhere..
                +1 start with finding out how many posts the owner has if he's a e46fanatic and regular poster then you can sort of make be partially safe. a link to the add won't bother i guess :)

Comment

I already have the same exact steering but with a wooden trim, what I actually need is the multi funtion keys. I would love to keep my wooden trim!!! bit confused.

Bruno here is the link

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=614833

Comment

If you have wooden trim package then I wouldnt advise you to get only the steering in aluminium, that would just spoil the look. Wait and do more searches, im sure you can get the wooden trimmed multi function steering wheel..

Comment

BTW, do some searches for 530i steering wheels too, most of them came with wooden trim and the steering wheels are same for 330i.

Comment

You can interchange the trims between the two steering wheels... Have you tried looking into just getting the buttons through the dealer or bmw parts shop? Try on realoem.com to search for part numbers and see if it feasible or not
                        ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Well the buttons here are 1200Dirhams, checked that out.

Comment

the guys seems nice & i wouldn't mind the paypal if i were you..

the question is whether you should install an aluminum trim streering wheel when your trim is wood! a big :nono: from me, unless you can manage to put move the wood trim from your steering wheel to the new one..

BMW history:
                            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                              the guys seems nice & i wouldn't mind the paypal if i were you..

the question is whether you should install an aluminum trim streering wheel when your trim is wood! a big :nono: from me, unless you can manage to put move the wood trim from your steering wheel to the new one..

Ya he did seem nice, i was actually thinking of doing just that but is it possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X