Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Z4

i'm sending on behalf of a friend.
    after checking the car(BMW Z4-2003) in X Service Center they found the below things to be fixed:
    • engine mount RUBBER MOUNTING P/N 22116771361
    • transmission mount RUBBER MOUNTING P/N 22316771219
    • SHAFT SEAL 52X68X8 P/N 24137509504
    • REPAIR KIT BELLOWS 32131096910
    • LEFT TIE ROD 32106777503
    • RIGHT TIE ROD 32106777504
    • WISHBONE, LEFT 31126777851
    • RIGHT WISHBONE 31126777852
    • SET OF BRACKETS WITH RUBBER MOUNTING D=66MM 31126783376
    • RUBBER MOUNTING REAR 33176751808

he is not very technical oriented guy when i comes to cars and he dont know what need to be changed and whta not.

any advice would be appreciated.

lotfi
    :evil: Z powered with APS ST :evil:

sigpic

sounds like normal wear and tear of a high mileage car or a car thats been driven hard on corners/bumps etc....
    ________
    Genetically modified food
    Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 08:24 AM.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

I'm wondering if Powerflex can be applied here....they would make a remarkable difference to the characteristics of the car over standard "stock" items from X-Service or AGMC...worth a thought, and I'm sure Ayham or someone can comment further shortly.
      2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Normal maintenance list, nothing serious.

Powerflex bushings are limited to FCAB and RTAB for BMWs. I suggest he gets in touch with TAM Auto Engineering for a set of these to be used instead of OEM rubber units (although I know Shakeel won't like it much for he's still soar from mine :rofl:)

If he decides to go with the above list, I can sort him out via Central Auto Parts.

Comment

nightcrawler if this is the same car that you and i know... then he should change the rims and lower the rear end of the car.

the 19's and the raised rear (due to wrong offset) will cause stress on the front end of the car damaging the lower arms, FCABs, tie rods and the list goes on...

if it's not the same car then ignore what i said.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
            nightcrawler if this is the same car that you and i know... then he should change the rims and lower the rear end of the car.

the 19's and the raised rear (due to wrong offset) will cause stress on the front end of the car damaging the lower arms, FCABs, tie rods and the list goes on...

if it's not the same car then ignore what i said.
            and by then u can buy them for cheap :) hehehehhee

its the same buddy, and he is loving the car the way it is now.. thanks for the comment.

we have a problem now and we need to solve it. :)

thanks ayham and all the guys for the reply.

he needs to know the differnece on the price of the parts. OEM againsthe performance bushings u guys recommended.

thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by amr View Post
              and by then u can buy them for cheap :) hehehehhee

its the same buddy, and he is loving the car the way it is now.. thanks for the comment.

we have a problem now and we need to solve it. :)

thanks ayham and all the guys for the reply.

he needs to know the differnece on the price of the parts. OEM againsthe performance bushings u guys recommended.

thanks all
              lol so you are the owner of the car? welcome and introduce yourself.

i've had your exact same rims on my 330ci and they caused me the same problems. they made me chnage 3 lower arms and repair my shocks several times and replace the FCABS 3 times. i know you are happy with them i'm just stating my experience with these stuff.

any ways the powerflex costs 450 dirhams appr... the OEM Fcabs will cost in the range of 200 each you will need 2 of these. hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                lol so you are the owner of the car? welcome and introduce yourself.

i've had your exact same rims on my 330ci and they caused me the same problems. they made me chnage 3 lower arms and repair my shocks several times and replace the FCABS 3 times. i know you are happy with them i'm just stating my experience with these stuff.

any ways the powerflex costs 450 dirhams appr... the OEM Fcabs will cost in the range of 200 each you will need 2 of these. hope this helps
                :) yes thats me, well i hope it will not happen with me and everything will run ok after changing the parts...
                thanks for the info... i guess i'll go for the powerflex. :thanks2:

Comment

It won't...

If your car is as described by Bruno, then you should start allocating a monthly allowance for continuous workshop/spare parts vendors shops. Powerflex is a stiffer material (polyurethane) than rubber and with the wrong setup your car is running then there is more localized stress at the control arm/control arm bracket point, more damage to the control arms.

It's physics, no turning around that.

Comment

it used to be just like my 330... raised a$s with a nose dive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                      It won't...

If your car is as described by Bruno, then you should start allocating a monthly allowance for continuous workshop/spare parts vendors shops. Powerflex is a stiffer material (polyurethane) than rubber and with the wrong setup your car is running then there is more localized stress at the control arm/control arm bracket point, more damage to the control arms.

It's physics, no turning around that.
                      ok great.. but i have a question

what is wrong exactly on the setup?? i mean is everyone that have a Z4 with a 19 inch will face this problem ?? or there is something different on this setup specificly.

thanks for teh advice guys

sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen the car yet, so my feedback was based on Bruno's description. Here's how I "think" it is: wrong wheel offsets, higher tail to clear the rims, lower front end. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not that it's inherited with 19" rims, but there are rims that are not meant to be fit ona specific car and there are those that are designed for the specific car.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                          I haven't seen the car yet, so my feedback was based on Bruno's description. Here's how I "think" it is: wrong wheel offsets, higher tail to clear the rims, lower front end. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not that it's inherited with 19" rims, but there are rims that are not meant to be fit ona specific car and there are those that are designed for the specific car.
                          pics below might show

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Ok...

Ride height seems stock, so the only reason I can think of for this wear and tear is the suspension and bushings being underated. Check your struts and shocks for oil leaks, if they are then your bushings and control arms are taking the impact load from the road that's magnified by the lower tire profile and higher rim diameter. But since you haven't tampered with the ride height, then the detoriration is slower but inevitable.

To perform a preliminary check on your struts and shocks, approach a speed bump or a parking step slowly with your windows up and listen for a "tsssst" sound. If you hear it, they are shot.

Comment

So if you hear that noise with the window or roof down then things are OK?

Comment

Working...
                              X