Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common Problems

Dear Beemers...
    Actually, and as am driving BMW since 5 years, i get to know that BMW is a very strong and reliable car..But it the same time I am suffering from small silly things that made me always get angry and frustrated…
    In order not to make it very long, I will mention few of what I remember on my E46 M3..things which I’ve heard is a common M3 things:

1- Interior Rear View Oval Mirror: I’ve replaced it twice (Thanks for the BMW used parts at Sharjah), each time for more than 1,200 AED..and after some time start to sea the black dots at the mirror which is created from an internally fluid leak!!! As you know there is some material inside the mirror for light convergence at night.. after some summer time at Dubai this will be leaking and damaging the mirror clarity ..never created me a big problem, but I hate its look when it started to leak…

2- The following Areas: Next to the Handbrake, the Ash Tray cover, the Air condition control unit..ETC……always you can see scratches there  I can see that the material which is covering all this areas can be scratched easily…which can easily be noticed and made you feel very upset...

What do you see, am I right?
    sigpic

I agree with you Naseem on both counts.. I mean for the rear view mirror mine looks like something has leaked from the top but no dots have appeared yet, I leave it indoors most of the day so that might've helped.

On your second point I'm suffering this problem big time... even the driver side glove box is shot to sh*t. I think you would need to replace all units for them to be whole again... I've asked da boyz about maybe coating it or painting them with some form of protectant but all advised against it... thanks guys :)

not sure I really helped but I did notice the same things as you, hehe
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Regarding the interior being scratched, I think if you're a delicate and very friendly with your car, nothing can be damaged interior-wise. Also making the car stand under the sun alot makes most of the interior parts break easier, always find a shade to park your ride under to avoid the sun damage.

Comment

I think you've got to just accept that interior scratches are part of owning a car. My interior door trims, centre console, handbrake lever etc all have little knocks on them, but what are you going to do...remove your watch and rings before you get in the car...not use the storage compartment to store your phone, keys etc? Yeah, it's annoying, and it'd be great if it were pristine all the time, but at some stage you've actually got to get in your car and drive it, and as soon as you do, you're inevitably going to get some wear and tear!

In my work i have to do what's called "cost benefit analysis" - basically weighing up whether a particular course of action is worthwhile by comparing how much it's going to cost you with the benefits you're going to gain. Now, i could, for example, replace all of the interior trim panels in my car to get rid of the minor dents and scratches. However, at around 4000aed, it's just not financially worthwhile! I'd rather put 4000aed toward something with real, tangible benefits...a new sound system, a new exhaust etc.

Remember, it's only you who's really noticing all those little imperfections!
        theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
        Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
        Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
        Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
          In my work i have to do what's called "cost benefit analysis"
          you need to start using NPV or IRR!

NPV = Net Present Value
          IRR = Internal Rate of Return

yeeey i can still remember some things from my PMP course :D

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

In my work i have to do what's called "cost benefit analysis" - basically weighing up whether a particular course of action is worthwhile by comparing how much it's going to cost you with the benefits you're going to gain. Now, i could, for example, replace all of the interior trim panels in my car to get rid of the minor dents and scratches. However, at around 4000aed, it's just not financially worthwhile! I'd rather put 4000aed toward something with real, tangible benefits...a new sound system, a new exhaust etc.
            Sorry to interrupt you brother, but the interior trim costs around AED 3000.. not 4000K :nono:

Comment

Remember, it's only you who's really noticing all those little imperfections!

++1
              sigpic

Comment

boys!!!!
                ________
                California dispensaries
                Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 08:24 AM.
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Kindly reduce the mates :)

Comment

's deleted! Sorry!