Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F15 x5 2016 Emergency towing !

Hi all
    Can anyone let me know how to MANUALLY shift 2014- 2016 x5 35i ( with sport automatic transmission) to neutral before engaging a tow hook, in case vehicle stalls and . ( Had a bad experience.with my 2010 523i few years back on dubai roads😥)

Tried checking online,found a video explaining a latch.to be unlocked under cupholder in 2nd gen x5..but nothing yet for current x5!!
    online user manual doesmt help either:(

Kindly help

Sent from my Lenovo Z90a40 using Tapatalk

Good question, there has to be a shift lock release mechanism some where. Will check around and let you know. Sorry that I dont have an answer for you at the moment.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Checked with agmc...apparently for the new x5.. only way to shift to manually shift to neutral would be from under the vehicle!!..better to call assisitance if vehicle stalls...a youtube video from usa bmw dealer says this is applicable for all 3,5,7and x series models as well🙂

Comment

Originally posted by Kartooos View Post
        Checked with agmc...apparently for the new x5.. only way to shift to manually shift to neutral would be from under the vehicle!!..better to call assisitance if vehicle stalls...a youtube video from usa bmw dealer says this is applicable for all 3,5,7and x series models as well

Interesting info, please do post the youtube link if possible. this might come in handy in case (god forbid) any of us face a similar issue.
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Technical Training #1 Putting a newer BMW into Neutral for Towing - YouTube

Comment

Working...
          X