X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find history of owners?

Hello,

BMW owner from Sweden here..

I have an old BMW thats was imported to Sweden from Oman in 1989. The car was sold new in Oman in 1985. As I have great interest in the car, I want to find out as much as possible about its history. My question is, if there is any way to find out who owned the car while it was in Oman between 1985 - 1989? I have an old receipt from a service done in 1988, at the receipt there is a "License No" filled in, which I assume was the cars license plate number in Oman. It starts with to letters and then five figures. Here in Sweden we have a vehicle authority which can provide historic ownership information about all cars here in Sweden. Is there such an authority in Oman? I have already been in contact with BMW in Oman but they couldnīt help me.

Would be very greatful for any help!
    Thanks!

I am afraid there is no such service available to public in this part of the world.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

in the 80s most likely they didn't have a system to input such values/records. so you are prolly dealing with paperwork search, actually not you, them.

your only bet is to ask them to run a number plate check on their end or vin number to check the history.

no there isn't such an authority in the entire region, i don't think there will be anything like that in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        in the 80s most likely they didn't have a system to input such values/records. so you are prolly dealing with paperwork search, actually not you, them.

your only bet is to ask them to run a number plate check on their end or vin number to check the history.

no there isn't such an authority in the entire region, i don't think there will be anything like that in the near future.
        Okey, sorry to hear that, but thanks anyway.

I noticed at homepage of Oman Police that they seem to handle vehicle registrations. It sounds like they have no records that far back in time, but even if they did, they wouldn't tell me anything, right?

Comment

Trying with the Oman police might work if you email them. You will need to attach some docs to prove you are the owner. They will only be able to provide you with something related to accidents that happened to this car if any and if they have a record.

Sent from my Oneplus One

Comment

Working...
          X