Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tape is not going out

Dear Beemers..
    I don’t know if any faced this before. or at least can advice me what to do...

I've been driving back home yesterday after a Long night @ Serai...and in my way back, i decided to turn an the Cassette (tape)...and maybe it was my first time since 2 month, as usually i depend on CDs..
    I Pressed the Mode changing it to Tape (there were already a tape left long time inside), and I started FF the tape, suddenly the Mode changed to CD giving me: Tape Error…
    I pressed the Eject Button to see what happened, the monitor tilts down horizontally, but the tape didn’t eject!!!!

Then after a while the Monitor went back to its original position, I pressed the key again many, Tape is not going out…

In my way to work today in the morning, I tried also the same problem still exist…

Any Suggestions?
    sigpic

Trip the release mechanism of the cassette with a small screwdriver or knife - the point seems to be located towards the middle of the cassette, above or below depends on the make.
    Good Luck !
    Last edited by SSense; 09-10-2008, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Didnt Get you Sir,
      Explain me more please
      sigpic

Comment

1. Put the mode to 'TAPE',
        2. Press the EJECT button
        3. Let the screen slide downwards
        4. At the same time use a knife from under or above the cassette, depending where the release mechanism of the cassette is located
        5. Push the cassette in opposite direction of the release mechanism while its ejecting.

P.S: Make sure you push the knife from the middle of the cassette, not from corners/sides.

BTW once the cassette is out safely clean your tape heads regularly using a 'head-cleaner' tape.
        Do this job with patience and be careful..
        Last edited by SSense; 09-10-2008, 05:55 PM.

Comment

what the hell is a tape?

joking :rofl:

but yeah i think Ssense is right, there should be a manual release mechanism :)

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
            what the hell is a tape?

joking :rofl:

but yeah i think Ssense is right, there should be a manual release mechanism :)
            :rofl"
            2008 325i coupe
            Stock

Comment

ahhh!!! a tape deck!! like sony walkman... i get it haha
              Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

Working...
              X