Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Number Plates

Good evening,

After looking around and asking people on the legality of an engine swap here in the UAE.
    I heard that if the car is 30 years old ehm (next year). I can register it under classic number plates and the RTA or Adnoc in AD will not care even if I swap a straight 11 cylinder engine into it.

I would appreciate your input.

Thanks,
    Ike

There are a few people who have done swaps here. I think as long as you have sufficient documentation that shows the engine number and the legitimate source of the engine, you should be fine.

i personally dont have any experience dealing with this, but my first move would be to give RTA a call and check with them on the requisites.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

If your car is registered in Abu Dhabi, they will approve it.

Just check with them on the requirements.
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Thanks for the input.
        The info i collected so far is that, if its a I6 the only thing i can replace it with is something similar or lower.
        So a 2jz shouldnt be a problem. A route that I dont want to take.

Comment

to get all your documents right you have to check with these guys 50 years, since 1965 | ATCUAE
          there might be new regulations in place as usual. but worth double checking.

usually, in the case of not utilizing a classic number plate changing the make of the engine will not allow you to register the car. and if for any reason there is an engine number registered in the system and on the registration card then they wont accept replacing the engine in the first place. (but all this applies if you wish to go with a regular number and not a classic plate)

Comment

Working...
          X