Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 335 Coupe! Advice please!

Hi Guys,

There is a 335 Coupe convertible I am looking to buy, it is a 2011 model, has 2 years warranty left on it with Abu Dhabi BMW Agency, and 3 years left on service pack with full change from wiper blades to Brake Pads!

The car is just over 100k km on the clock, the warranty is to 200k km or 2 years from now, and the service contract is to 160k km,

price is 90k.. Can I be assured buying this!!? with 2 years warranty I am probably going to get to two years before the warranty finish rather than the 200k km, as I probably drive 15-20k km a year max, so wanted to know is there anything that is known to start causing problems after the 150k km mark? I believe the car has been looked after well as everything was changed with the Dealer and full service so far..

Is the price a good price for this kind of specs details?

I was initially going for a 325, however I am upgrading from a Nissan 350z and don't wanna downgrade in performance lol! and my dream is to drive a Convertible 3 Series with a crazy engine! and I cannot afford the maintenance of an M3!!

Also due to the car having warranty on it for the next 2 years, is it necessary to take it for a full inspection before buying?

This post may seems a bit confused lol! I guess I just need to be comfort talked into buying this lol!

Anyone can give a rough estimate of full comprehensive insurance cost on a 335?

Thanks guys!

Also 100k km, is that okay? a bit over okay? or a good mileage?

100k for a 2011 is high mileage IMO. But the warranty is a relief. I'd still suggest you get the car checked completely before buying it.

Also check who is providing the warranty and what the terms and conditions are. There are 3rd party warranty providers that include very limited items in the scope and neglect to mention the coverage scope entirely.

The turbo pipe usually goes bad in these engines and require replacement. Check if it has been done before or not. Besides that i've heard of fuel pump issues, but i believe those were with the 2009 models (initial generation releases) .

I'd recommend you run a search on the internet to get feedback from some 2011 335i owners in other parts of the world as well.

Good luck!
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
      100k for a 2011 is high mileage IMO. But the warranty is a relief. I'd still suggest you get the car checked completely before buying it.

Also check who is providing the warranty and what the terms and conditions are. There are 3rd party warranty providers that include very limited items in the scope and neglect to mention the coverage scope entirely.

The turbo pipe usually goes bad in these engines and require replacement. Check if it has been done before or not. Besides that i've heard of fuel pump issues, but i believe those were with the 2009 models (initial generation releases) .

I'd recommend you run a search on the internet to get feedback from some 2011 335i owners in other parts of the world as well.

Good luck!
      Hi Wazif

thanks for your reply buddy, really appreciate it. The warranty is with the Dealer, Abu Dhabi Motors, in this instance should I still get the car checked before buying? I mean say I do buy it, and then get it checked with Shak, and I find some problems, would any parts/repairs not be covered by the Dealer warranty then? I suppose they cover everything and is not limited?

I will definitely do the different research to see what owners are saying, in the mean time if any 335i owners on here have any feedback I would love to hear it.

I was thinking 100k is a bit too much too, but if roughly 15-20k km a year, then it should be around that range I guess? It was bought early 2011, so as of now the car is roughly 5 years old..

Thanks again bro, and anyone with 335's please share your stories! :)

Comment

Hi Wazif,

I actually done some research before and read the thing with High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) failures, which apparently also exist in the new 2011 engine, not as bad as the N54 pre 2011 but apaprently it does, however most places I read are from the US, and apparently BMW did a unofficial Recall, in which they are giving 10 years warranty on the HPFP or 125k MILES, not KM.

Does anyone know if this ''Recall'' is also here? I mean for the first 2 years, it won't matter if the car is under warranty anyway?

Now i will go look for more 'common' problems lool!!! will keep you guys posted

Comment

Yes, if the warranty is with AUH motors, then i reckon the dealer will cover almost everything. There still might be a few exceptions, better to get it verified.

ADM (AUH motors) will probably charge a LOT to get a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) done. You could get the PPI done at one of the reputed garages or our sponsors for the PPI. but yes, in theory, after the PPI if you do find anything wrong, then you could take it to ADM and get it fixed (provided) its covered under the warranty clause.

For the HPFP, try to find out online if there was a SIB (Service Bulletin) detailing the recall. Then use the same SIB number to communicate with ADM and find out if its applicable for your car as well.
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
            Yes, if the warranty is with AUH motors, then i reckon the dealer will cover almost everything. There still might be a few exceptions, better to get it verified.

ADM (AUH motors) will probably charge a LOT to get a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) done. You could get the PPI done at one of the reputed garages or our sponsors for the PPI. but yes, in theory, after the PPI if you do find anything wrong, then you could take it to ADM and get it fixed (provided) its covered under the warranty clause.

For the HPFP, try to find out online if there was a SIB (Service Bulletin) detailing the recall. Then use the same SIB number to communicate with ADM and find out if its applicable for your car as well.
            Thanks for the help bro, I will definitely do the HPFP check you mentioned ,

My main worry about this is the mileage to be honest 100k isn't much I know specially if the car has been looked after well, however car has had 3 owners, also I'm thinking to keep the car for 3 years time and thinking it would be hard to sell with 150k km but I think thats a wrong mindset to have when buying lol!!

Comment

Guys with convertible 335s, what sort of problems or cost MAY I face with 335 after 140k kms?

The mentioned car above for 90k AED is that a decent price or ?

Comment

Working...
              X