Timing For The cabrio top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing For The cabrio top

hey guys i need to set the timing of the roof top for my cabrio.. the motor is doing fine .. but the timing is intterupted for some reason. will i be able to get hold to any of the places that i can fix it from ?.... thanks

-- Peace

The timing gets wrong for one single reason; your tension straps are loose and inelastic anymore. When was the last time you've replaced them? Do you do a lot of highway driving? When you're driving at high speeds for extended periods of time, your soft top "buffs" out and the tension straps within are also buffed out. When you slow down, they're back to normal. Buff-out and back-to-normal cycles result in your tension straps losing their elasticity and therefore the soft top won't be at its various steps on time. Therefore, your two motors will be reading wrong positions and interfere with each other.

I know how to time it for emergencies, in case it won't close or open. But I can forward you the contact of the shop that always worked on mine here in Shj. The best in this field. Mention "Ayham" to him and he'll sort you out. ;)

Mohannad: 050-5273883

Comment

thanks sooo very much ... and actually .. i just bought it 2 months back :) ... so im sort of learning about the vechicle ... firstly it was fine later the timing got interrupted .. so that y i wanted to check out the reason .. anyhow .. appreciate your concern for the number .. i will defiantely get back to mohamed for consultation ... thankssssss

Comment

Let us know how it works and keep us updated :)

Comment

It's MohaNNad :)

Comment

Working...
          X