Bought a used 2005 BMW 330Ci Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a used 2005 BMW 330Ci Convertible

Hi guys, I sold my Mustang 2013 V6 convertible 3 months back because I was sick of the lag of the V6, like when I hit the pedal to the metal, it takes about 3 seconds for the car to start moving. I read on the Mustang Club Forums that it has to do with the gear ratios but Al Tayer Motors refuse to change my gear rations and they said if I do it myself it will void the warranty so I sold it as I didn't wanna continue paying for a car (loan) that I didn't really enjoy. I know it's my mistake for buying a V6.

Now after being without a car for 3 months, I bought a used BMW 330Ci Black Color Convertible GCC specs that has done 135,000 KMS. The guy told me the rear right window got stuck and it doesn't go up or down which needs a cable to be changed. I did another mistake by not checking the car at a proper garage but since I like the car, I took it to the X Service Center and they found a lot of problems with it. They checked the chassis and said there is no chassis damage but hear are the problems that they found. Total cost is around 31,000 DHS to repair which is more than the price of the car!! So I managed to get a 6,000 dhs discount and they said they would do the job and it would take 2 weeks to repair.

Here are the problems:

I hope that after doing all those repairs I get a driveable car for work. I really love the shape of the E46

I'm not doubting X Service's abilities but have you tried to check another place? Probably one of our sponsors?
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
      I'm not doubting X Service's abilities but have you tried to check another place? Probably one of our sponsors?
      I totally forgot about this forum and that I was a member long back man so I just Googled best BMW garages in Dudbai and found the X Service Center and Toni Edwards and some suggested Falcon Garage.

I called Toni Edwards but they wanted me to bring the car in for a full checkup and since I have no car at the moment and I live in Silicon Oasis, it was a hassle for me to drive all the way to The X Service Center, then take it to another garage, wait for a couple of days for the full check, then maybe get a better price or maybe not.

I called the Falcon Garage and spoke to a nice guy named Gabriel, I sent him the quotation to his email to have a look at it, unfortunately, he got back to me very late within like 1.5 days and by that time I had already told the X Service Center to start with the job as I don't wanna waste more time.

All I hope for is to get a clean car after they have done all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Matrix Leader View Post
        I totally forgot about this forum and that I was a member long back man so I just Googled best BMW garages in Dudbai and found the X Service Center and Toni Edwards and some suggested Falcon Garage.

I called Toni Edwards but they wanted me to bring the car in for a full checkup and since I have no car at the moment and I live in Silicon Oasis, it was a hassle for me to drive all the way to The X Service Center, then take it to another garage, wait for a couple of days for the full check, then maybe get a better price or maybe not.

I called the Falcon Garage and spoke to a nice guy named Gabriel, I sent him the quotation to his email to have a look at it, unfortunately, he got back to me very late within like 1.5 days and by that time I had already told the X Service Center to start with the job as I don't wanna waste more time.

All I hope for is to get a clean car after they have done all this.
        Good luck with that, our sponsors are [MENTION=395]shak[/MENTION] and [MENTION=188886]Kinetechnik MS[/MENTION] and I'm sure they'll help

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
          Good luck with that, our sponsors are [MENTION=395]shak[/MENTION] and [MENTION=188886]Kinetechnik MS[/MENTION] and I'm sure they'll help

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
          Thanks man, I'll contact them in the future now that I know about them as this X Service Center has a serious lack of communication, I need to call like 5 times just to get to the service advisor I am dealing with to get a status update. They never call to tell you what's going on, you have to chase them like a mouse

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X