BMW service contract extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW service contract extension

I have been reading the old posts on this forum but couldn't reach a conclusion. Will appreciate expert views on this.

I have a 528i, purchased in 2011. It came with 5 yr/100,000 warranty. I am now at 99,000 kms. Car has followed the BMW schedule of service (whenever the dashboard reports, I take the car for a service / oil change).

AGMC is offering an extension ("Service Inclusive Plus") up to 160,000 kms for AED 6,600. with the following coverage. I wanted to check what other members feel - should I sign up to this or will the same service for the next 60,000 kms is likely to be a lot cheaper if I take the car to our sponsor garages? - I am assuming that BMW schedule will probably offer 1 front and rear brake pad change and max 2 or 3 services (with 1 major service) in the next 60,000 kms.

This is my first BMW and as it is still under warranty, I have no experience on maintenance costs. Does AED 6K and sticking with AGMC makes sense? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Included:

-Engine oil change (not including refill quantities) and inspections as well as vehicle check;

-service/replacement of air cleaner, fuel filter, micro filter, spark plugs, brake fluid;

-front and rear brakes (brake discs and pads);

-clutch (only if worn);

-windscreen wipers/blades (as part of engine oil change if necessary);

-standard scope in accordance with BMW service booklet

The following services in particular are NOT included in the service packages:

- Fuel and contamination in the fuel system

- Damage to paint finish, body, covers, panels

- Wear in the interior (e.g. interior trim, covers, arm rests and handles)

- Damaged glass (e.g. mirrors, windows, headlights)

- Starter batteries

- Adjustment work, wind, squeaking and rattling noises, as well as any odours

- Seals and sealing work of any type (except for cylinder head gaskets)

- Tyres, wheel balance weights and wheel damage

- Repairs of accessories that were not original manufacturer's equipment and were not ordered with the new vehicle

- Repairs for which the vehicle user is responsible (e.g. engine damage due to deficiency of oil, participation in race events).

I'd say go for it. Brakes and discs alone will be around 5,000 minimum!!

Plus, any BMW would require a major service at 40,000 kms interval, that is 40,000, 80,000, 120,000 and 160,000. So you'll be covering two major services which would cost some money. Treat your BMW well, they love attention to details. Like a grown up mature girl, she wants attention, and when given, she'd please you!

Good Luck!
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

[MENTION=105048]eo777777[/MENTION]
      I agree with RAFIK, also they gave you a great deal.
      For me they told me that I should wait till 100K (end of my warranty/service contract) because two contracts cannot overlap.Hopefully by then I will still get this extension deal :D

Comment

Originally posted by eo777777 View Post
        I have been reading the old posts on this forum but couldn't reach a conclusion. Will appreciate expert views on this.

I have a 528i, purchased in 2011. It came with 5 yr/100,000 warranty. I am now at 99,000 kms. Car has followed the BMW schedule of service (whenever the dashboard reports, I take the car for a service / oil change).

AGMC is offering an extension ("Service Inclusive Plus") up to 160,000 kms for AED 6,600. with the following coverage. I wanted to check what other members feel - should I sign up to this or will the same service for the next 60,000 kms is likely to be a lot cheaper if I take the car to our sponsor garages? - I am assuming that BMW schedule will probably offer 1 front and rear brake pad change and max 2 or 3 services (with 1 major service) in the next 60,000 kms.

This is my first BMW and as it is still under warranty, I have no experience on maintenance costs. Does AED 6K and sticking with AGMC makes sense? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Included:

-Engine oil change (not including refill quantities) and inspections as well as vehicle check;

-service/replacement of air cleaner, fuel filter, micro filter, spark plugs, brake fluid;

-front and rear brakes (brake discs and pads);

-clutch (only if worn);

-windscreen wipers/blades (as part of engine oil change if necessary);

-standard scope in accordance with BMW service booklet

The following services in particular are NOT included in the service packages:

- Fuel and contamination in the fuel system

- Damage to paint finish, body, covers, panels

- Wear in the interior (e.g. interior trim, covers, arm rests and handles)

- Damaged glass (e.g. mirrors, windows, headlights)

- Starter batteries

- Adjustment work, wind, squeaking and rattling noises, as well as any odours

- Seals and sealing work of any type (except for cylinder head gaskets)

- Tyres, wheel balance weights and wheel damage

- Repairs of accessories that were not original manufacturer's equipment and were not ordered with the new vehicle

- Repairs for which the vehicle user is responsible (e.g. engine damage due to deficiency of oil, participation in race events).
        Definitely worth it. The cost is minimal compared to what the associated services could cost you. As a comparison, Porsche charges AED 8000+ PER YEAR for warranty extensions.

The BMW service extension will definitely help you sleep better at night :) tension free!
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Hi Rafik, Joseph, Wazif, many thanks for your swift replies! this helps tremendously, I will go for it. It seems this is the first time on this forum where direct dealership is not a rip off!

i will also need some guidance on how to keep the mature girl happy as so far i have only followed the BMW schedule and have not performed any additional oil changes etc, i will open a separate thread for it (in a few days).

Comment

Working...
          X