Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USEFUL Info: Where's your Tank located ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
    Erm, great tip, but i think i've spotted a very obvious problem. Look at the picture of the yellow petrol pump, with the nozzle coming out of the right hand side. The note says that this means your tank is on the right hand side of your car. However, if i pull up to the right of that petrol pump where the nozzle is (as it is pictured) and my tank is on the right hand side, then i've pulled up to the wrong side! :nono:

Pedantic, i know, but i'm a bit like that sometimes.:yippy:
    Okay I dont get it!!! I'm not an engineer so bare with me! lol!
    From what i understand, the yellow gas tank means that ur gas tank is on passenger side. the white one in picture means the tank is on driver's side! makes no difference how u park or where u go towards the pump!
    Can someone explain! :)
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
      Erm, great tip, but i think i've spotted a very obvious problem. Look at the picture of the yellow petrol pump, with the nozzle coming out of the right hand side. The note says that this means your tank is on the right hand side of your car. However, if i pull up to the right of that petrol pump where the nozzle is (as it is pictured) and my tank is on the right hand side, then i've pulled up to the wrong side! :nono:

Pedantic, i know, but i'm a bit like that sometimes.:yippy:
      Dude, the petrol pump, whether its in the yellow picture or its in your car, the nozzle indicates where your car's 'GAS TANK' is located. It doesnt indicate that you have to pull your car to the right or to the left of the gas station :nono:

If in your car the nozzle is located to the right, it means your gas tank is on the right, obviously using little common sense you will pull to the left of a gas station, not right :nono: Doesnt need an engineering brain and no offences to anyone mates :) Just being practical

Comment

Thats what i thought too! its not how u get to the petrol pump, the picture tells u where the gas tank is located on ur car.

But again, like i mentioned before, that was not true in one of the rental cars i've taken! the nozzle sign was on right and my gas tank was on left! and i remember telling my friends that this theory (our topic) is not correct! I wish i can remember which car it was!
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Maybe the nozzle in the car's theory was wrong :) But this actually works in most of the cases..

Comment

Nice, I have noticed that myself. I thought I'm the only one who noticed that.

Comment

Working...
            X