Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking to buy X5 or 7 series

Hi,

I don't own a BMW as of now however willing to drive one. I am thinking to buy a 2007 or 2008 model X5 or 7 series. I just want to know how expensive is to maintain a 2007, 2008 model especially if the service history is also available.

Thanks in advance.

regards

Imran

the 2007/8 X5 i believe had issues with suspension primarily due to which owners had to replace the entire 4 set. this can be expensive especially if it comes with the adjustable ride suspension. ive heard of a few early models having gearbox issues after 150,000kms but that could be because of harsh driving and improper maintenance.

Get a proper PPI done where oil samples are taken and analyzed so that you know how the internals are holding up to a certain extent.

if the car has a detailed service history and you spend that extra $$ for the PPI, then im fairly confident that you wont have much to worry about.

(sorry, but i havent had much experience with the 7 series and therefore cant comment much)
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks Wazif,

You have provided very useful information about 2007/2008 X5. I will be extra careful on suspension issue part. What about 2009 X5 models? I can increase my budget if 2009 or 2010 models are more reliable.

regards
      Imran

Comment

not sure tbh....i think the suspension issues were seen frequently with the models that came with the pneumatic set up (Adjustable) and they were less common on the ones that came with the sport set up.
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
        X