Finding Accessories Locally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding Accessories Locally

Is there a place locally where I can just walk in, buy [original] accessories and walk out? I've been to AGMC and got the 5er accesory catalogue but
    1) service at the spare parts desk is horrid
    2) the few things I did ask about were either not available or way more expensive than ordering online.

If I can't find somewhere local, I'll order online and use Shop&Ship to get it over here
    BMW 530iA - 2009 Model (Black with brown interior)
    BMW 320i - 2006 Model (White with black interior) [SOLD]

What accessories are you looking for ?
    Last edited by SSense; 24-09-2008, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
      What accessories are you looking for ?
      Well the car is only 1 week old so more accessories than parts :D
      I'm after an iPOD connector and am wondering if I can find any of the ones we see on the forums like DiCE, BSW, etc are available here. AGMC told me 2000 AED for the BMW iPOD connector- seems steep but I haven't looked around so I don't know if it is!

Other tidbits would be the CD holder that goes onto the sun-visor (if I'll be using your idea of the front-loader to play DVDs I need the navigation DVD handy).

but I still cant get bloody BMW Online to work

Comment

Most of the accessories that you're looking for might be found at Yellow Hat in Dubai. Their contact # is 04 341 8593, or check their website www.yellowhat.ae
        They have all kind of accessories and im sure they can help you with what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
          Most of the accessories that you're looking for might be found at Yellow Hat in Dubai. Their contact # is 04 341 8593, or check their website www.yellowhat.ae
          They have all kind of accessories and im sure they can help you with what you want.
          Are they the ones in Times Square mall?
          If I buy something from them (like iPOD connector) will AGMC install it?

Comment

nope AGMC wont touch it!...yellow hat will do the installation, however make sure you dont void your warranty
            ________
            Chevrolet Kalos Specifications
            Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 08:13 AM.
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by mkhattab View Post
              Are they the ones in Times Square mall?
              If I buy something from them (like iPOD connector) will AGMC install it?
              As Wazif said, AGMC wont install it and before getting anything installed at Yellow hat, make sure from AGMC that your warranty will not be voided first and then install.
              Yes, yellow hat are at times square.

Comment

I'll pay them a visit tonight to see what they have before I do anything.
                If that's the case then I'll probably end up getting the iPOD Connector from AGMC because if it's meddling with the car's electronics it will probably be risky in terms of warranty.

Thank you all.

Comment

True, precaution's better than cure...
                  You're welcome :)

Comment

Beware at Yellow Hat, they did mess up few friends' cars doing simple installations.

I think the guys here have installed their kits as DIY.

Comment

I've done my research- spoke to someone to AGMC and they confirmed that such a job would void the warranty. The real decider was when I went to Yellow Hat and the guy there himself told me the installation would void the warranty!

Meanwhile, back at AGMC, the iPOD Connector costs 2099 AED and the installation costs another 1600 AED !!

Comment

Originally posted by mkhattab View Post
                        Meanwhile, back at AGMC, the iPOD Connector costs 2099 AED and the installation costs another 1600 AED !!
                        This is why they say the warranty gets void :read: Dhs 3699 just for getting the Ipod connector installed at AGMC

Comment

Do you have a CD Changer... do you want to keep it? If not you can get the BMW iPOD kit (that's what I did)... if you want to keep the CD Changer you can get the Dension Gateway 500.

Also forget about the warranty BS that AGMC is telling you, and you can take to either X service or Tony Edwards to get it installed. Actually the BMW kit is very easy to install yourself, takes an hour or so.

Buying accessories here in general I found to be useless, can't find what you want and is very expensive, get them from other sources
                          ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Working...
                          X