Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Spares

Hey everyone,

Bit of shocker today. I bought a BMW F30 (2014 Model) a few months back through a dealer in Sharjah. Car had been maintained by Abu Dhabi Motors and was confirmed at the time of purchasing it. Recently started seeing a Dipped Beam Failure Message. Took it AGMC in Dubai today and was in for a rude shock. I was told that the car may be out of warranty. Reasons were many. One the maintenance guys said that the car had been not properly put back. Especially the hood raisers were put upside down. Secondly, was the paint work. Also suspected that the car could have been in a major crash, and since the repair cost was over the insured amount, the last owner could have repaired it else where. If it had been written off then technically is there a law that states one cannot sell it. Then again it surprises me that the car passed the RTA inspection at the time of registration. I am going to get the body work checked by BMW tomorrow.

I feel seriously cheated and gutted. Then again I guess I am partly to blame in my eagerness and hurry to buy this model. As I only checked with the dealer. I am new to Dubai, and not many folks to help me with cars.

Is there anything I can do in terms of this sale. Cos even though the car warranty is till 2018 end. I am going to be out of pocket in a big way.

Appreciate your help here.

Secondly if I am out of warranty is there any recommended service company other than BMW who would be able to fix minor faults and service it at a lesser price.

Did you buy the car at a price significantly lower than market?

Check the sponsors section for independent BMW workshops.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I had previously seen the same model at AGMC and the price that I bought this car at was around 10K cheaper.

Comment

I think you have a case if you can get a report from another dealer that says that the car has been in an accident etc.

You might have to get a lawyer involved, but I think eventually you should be able to get some sort of compensation.
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you Hasan, for the encouragement. I am taking my car to BMW body Shop this week. Plus will be getting the accidents reports along with the full service history from BMW. Thereafter depending on how much its gonna cost me and the inconvenience I will decide if i wanna pursue the matter. I am doubtful that the Dealer agreeing to this fact. Else i will slowly but surely restore this car to its original glory one piece at a time :)

Comment

I would not let the dealer just get away with this. You do not need to hire a lawyer to start with.

The consumer protection department will be a good start after you have discussed with the dealer.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
              The consumer protection department will be a good start after you have discussed with the dealer.
              +1
              sigpic
              • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
              and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Agree with the guys...get a detailed report from AGMC motors and take it back tot he dealer. There is no way he should be allowed to do these things to people.
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks Guys of the encouragement. I am getting all the service records. I have seen the accident reports on the Abu Dhabi Police website. I am just waiting for the service records to cross verify these.

Comment

If the accident is there on the police web site, you don't need any further proof. That is pretty conclusive evidence.
                    sigpic

Comment

Gentleman, I got the FSH from the Agents, and cross checked with the police accident records. Seems like the company has maintained it even after the accident under warranty. I am now truly confused. Anyway, have written to the agents to check if they have any record of the car being brought in after an accident and was refused repair. I am anyway taking this car to the Bodyshop today to have all this verified. Thank you guys for the support and encouragement. Drive safe!

Comment

well if the work was done by the agents then it should still be under warranty....not sure why they are still disputing it.
                        Current
                        E92 M3 - Mineral White
                        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                        E36 318is
                        E39 540i ///M sport
                        VW CC
                        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

This is frightening. Seems to be happening all across the world though. I'm sure you could either have your plan reinstated or continued if not cancelled yet.
                          Life is a journey. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy it in a BMW.

Comment

Working...
                          X