What does Dynamic Guidance do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does Dynamic Guidance do?

I've noticed in the BMW Navigation settings, in the route settings, that there's an option called Dynamic Guidance. I can't seem to find much information about it. What does it do?

I'm guessing it uses machine learning to optimize routes?

I happen to be an extensive user of the GPS on the car. I find that it works extremely well, much better than using google maps.. If it can navigate better by enabling this option, then I'll use it!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10403011...fic-navigation
    sigpic
    • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
    and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

The Dynamic guidance works well in EU. But im afraid not set up here in the Middle East. It would be amazing to have it here.

The Dynamic guidance provides real time traffic info both verbally and visually on the Nav system allowing you to plan routes based on traffic conditions.
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

What Wazif Said ^^^
        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Real-Time traffic information does work in the UAE. You can see the amount of traffic on the roads if you enable it in the car (similar to how it shows up in Google maps). Verbally though it doesn't do much, all it seems to tell me is "time variable traffic flow" which doesn't mean anything 90% of the time. However it does give me diversions in case of traffic, alternative routes, and things like that. It's great.

But this is all with Dynamic Guidance disabled, which is why I was wondering.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 9a3eedi View Post
            Real-Time traffic information does work in the UAE. You can see the amount of traffic on the roads if you enable it in the car (similar to how it shows up in Google maps). Verbally though it doesn't do much, all it seems to tell me is "time variable traffic flow" which doesn't mean anything 90% of the time. However it does give me diversions in case of traffic, alternative routes, and things like that. It's great.

But this is all with Dynamic Guidance disabled, which is why I was wondering.. lol

Well this is not related to BMW's Dynamic Guidance. Google Maps uses a whole different approach, they use the carriers to access all smartphones and track their locations and from the data provided they would know how fast each cell phone is travelling. Imagine you've got 100 devices travelling along a highway and all of them have their GPS on, they'll be sending nodes every few seconds to the cell tower which in return understands and analyses the phone's position and speed on that highway.

This data is shared with Google.

Now I think BMW should approach the carrier the same way.
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Very nice
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
                Well this is not related to BMW's Dynamic Guidance. Google Maps uses a whole different approach, they use the carriers to access all smartphones and track their locations and from the data provided they would know how fast each cell phone is travelling. Imagine you've got 100 devices travelling along a highway and all of them have their GPS on, they'll be sending nodes every few seconds to the cell tower which in return understands and analyses the phone's position and speed on that highway.

This data is shared with Google.

Now I think BMW should approach the carrier the same way.
                I am not talking about Google maps, I am talking about the in-car navigation that comes in new BMWs. Those come with real-time traffic information. I'd take a screenshot of it in action in the UAE but I keep forgetting to lol... I think this is a very new feature though. I'm not sure how they work, I think they use a radio signal instead of using the internet. That's how it works in Europe so I imagine it works like that here.

From what I understand , the carriers collect the data and then hand it off to whoever wants it. This includes Google. AGMC probably got into a deal with the radio guys and got them to transmit radio information using the same data as well.

I did a few google searches and it turns out they do indeed use radio
                New road app will offer UAE residents real-time traffic updates | The National

Traffic message channel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                X