Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliability of Japan imported E39 M5.

Hey BMW forum,

Really hoping to be a part of the BMW owner club soon. I just had a question about the reliability of Japanese imports, more specifically an E39 M5 Japan import. Since the weathers differ greatly between Japan and here does it make a difference on the reliability of the car? Should i be favouring a GCC spec M5 or are they all the same. I was on the used car site and have a few M5s lined up to go look at. I have been on the main BMW forum and looked at the advice on buying a used E39 M5 but since the weather here is a little more extreme than USA/Europe what would your advice be on the things to look out for when buying a used a E39 M5.

What should be a straight out show stopper and what things can be worked on by myself?

Thanks all.

Hello Mate

What is the main BMW forum?

The Japanese imports are generally well looked after.

I am not sure but I think the GCC specs for the E39 M5 only means that the car has warnings and owner's manual in Arabic and GCC radio setup.

Wait for advice from Bruno. He knows all that there is to know about E39 M5s.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
      Hello Mate

What is the main BMW forum?

The Japanese imports are generally well looked after.

I am not sure but I think the GCC specs for the E39 M5 only means that the car has warnings and owner's manual in Arabic and GCC radio setup.

Wait for advice from Bruno. He knows all that there is to know about E39 M5s.
      Sorry, didn't exactly mean a main one, just another one. I was referring to m5board and bimmerfest.

Comment

Originally posted by a3adil View Post
        Sorry, didn't exactly mean a main one, just another one. I was referring to m5board and bimmerfest.
        That's ok. I also like M5Board.
        sigpic

Comment

When it comes to Japan Imported BMWs, all what you can hear is good news about them. I know a friend who has two E39 M5s from Japan, I'll give him a shout and ask him about it.
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Ive bought japanese imorts before, they are generally in much, much better condition then the local counterparts.. mostly its the sun here in uae that kills everything. That, and most japanese imports are not completely clapped out. :-P
            Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Do you consider the fact that the steering wheel is on the right?
              BMW E90 M3 | Akrapovic Evolution Titanium exhaust | Dinan Air Intake | Dinan Underdrive pulley | Dinan DKG Software

Comment

They have LHD European cars in Japan.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, I didn't know that. Learn something new every day (Y)
                  BMW E90 M3 | Akrapovic Evolution Titanium exhaust | Dinan Air Intake | Dinan Underdrive pulley | Dinan DKG Software

Comment

Working...
                  X