Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Electronic damping control malfunction

Today, when I started my 2008 X5 I got the following message.*

"Electronic damping control malfunction-EDC. Cornering behavior and driving comfort reduced. Drive Moderately. Have the system checked by your BMW center."

Two days ago I got new wheels and alignment done. Does that have anything to do with it? Sensor malfunctioning or something serious? This errors goes away and there is no fault showing in the information console. Car is driving as normal.
    Please advice....
    thanks in advance...

such error will not come up by itself , this system is too complicated and many electronics in involved .

wheels job you have done is not related , but suspension air bag failure is common in X5 / X6 .

better to have it checked by a pro

Comment

Maybe the EDC connector at the top of your strut tower has come off. Check it.
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

As Hasan said, could be a matter of a loose connection or as Ehssan said, it could be a control module failure....

better to get a diagnostic check done with one of our sponsor garages.
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Great guys. Thanks. I will have it check. The error goes away and systems shows as normal. Can someone post a picture of the connector? Are they on both struts in front or on all for wheels?

Comment

Working...
          X