Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on buying a BMW 2008 5 series with around 100k km on it

Hey.. Greetings to all

I am planning to buy a 2008 5 series BMW with around 100km on it. & as usually I am told I will pay a fortune for the running costs.

Can someone please advice. The maintenance costs & the things to consider before buying this. How much should i expect to pay to make this thing running. ?

Also how much should I pay for this car .? (Purchase price ) & the quick checks to see if it's worth it or not ..?

Thanks in advance

The costs for you will depend on how the car has been maintained. Full service history and a pre purchase inspection is a must.

If the Owner has followed the BMW service interval of 20k kms. The engine will have sludge and engine will not be running smoothly.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
      The costs for you will depend on how the car has been maintained. Full service history and a pre purchase inspection is a must.

If the Owner has followed the BMW service interval of 20k kms. The engine will have sludge and engine will not be running smoothly.
      Thank you for your reply. You know I have searched on dubizzle.com. Most of the cars in this category 2008 are above 100kms & they don't have full service history (by AGMC) either. Where could I go for the pre purchase inspection & how much would it cost.?

FYI my budget is between 40k to 50k & my annual mileage will be around 10 to 15k.

I just like that particular model due to its looks & affordability. What do you recommend.?

Thanks

Comment

You are most welcome Bilal.

You can take the car to Octane garage. They are a sponsor here. It should cost you AED 1,000 max.

If you feel you will not be able to afford the maintenance afterwards, go for something that costs less in maintenance. After about 100k kms, the rubber and plastics start giving up and any car with that kind of a mileage will require some preventive maintenance as well.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
        X