Cost of owning a BMW x6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of owning a BMW x6

Hi, I plan to purchase an used BMW (probably w/o warranty)

They say it is expensive to own a BMW x6 (2009 or 2010) model xDrive 35

- My calculations for a 100k used vehicle in 5-years finance I would pay around +1500dhs
    - For vehicle insurance I have got quotations of around +2500dhs (or less than 3000dhs)
    - For tyres, it's around 5500dhs a set
    - For oil, I can purchase 7 or 8 liters of oil + filter and/or do the serice in a workshop for around 250dhs (750dhs max)

Am I missing something (costly) here ? If I purchase one car with warranty, is AGMC service a must ?

I had a Scirocco before in Europe and had to pay taxes, expensive petral, etc .. also for servicing is around 1350dhs every 20k or so.

edit: Thanks in advance guys

Hi Pirate,

Welcome on board. We would like to know more about you, so please do introduce yourself in our new members section :)

BMW SUV's are usually on a higher side of maintenance and cost of running. Your calculations are a bit conservative, i think you may need to revisit the numbers and increased them between 25% to 35%.

Also, a lot of it depends on how well the car has been maintained by the previous owner.

Vehicle insurance depends on the value of the car of course and your driving history. The percentage could range from 3%-5%.

Tyres can be a bit more expensive if you are looking at larger rims and brands such as Michelin, Pirelli etc....

IF you have AGMC warranty, then yes, you need to service it there. Else you risk voiding your warranty.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Wazif, thanks for the reply.

When you say 25-35% increase you mean all the numbers ? Or you mean servicing and tyres only ?

I had Pirelli pzero rosso on my VW and I know they're very expensive: around 1400dhs each for 17" rims only. But I was looking for performance. I love Pirelli and Dunlop. For Dubai I don't think I need such expensive tyres. Am not looking for performance, just cost saving here.

Comment

yes, mainly service and tyres...

look into the japanese brands for tyres too. I've heard yokohamas are good and quiet.
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
        X