Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote For Breyton Rims

Hello Everyone!
    Finally i have come to a decision of buying myself a new pair of shoes!

Since i'm not so 'flowy' on cash - needed something that fit my budget, and didnt tear our my undies along with the cash.

Narrowed down to Breyton wheels!
    They've got some good stuff out there i must say.

These are the 2 I've fallen for - each is a beauty.

Breyton Spirit Black
    breyton_spirit_blk_ci3_l.jpg

spirit.jpg Click to enlarge

and

Breyton Race GTS
    breyton_racegts_b_ci3_l.jpg

Race GTS copy.jpg (click to enlarge)

Personally i like the GTS -

Like i was told by LSB - Any wheel with a different colored 'Lip' will look smaller than a complete single color wheel.

Need your Opinions!

And most of all - Will appreciate if someone could tell me where can i find a Breyton Dealer in UAE (shj, dxb) .

Thanks a ton!

Cheers

H
    Breyton Spirit Black
    21.43%
    Breyton Race GTS
    78.57%
    Last edited by hiten86; 15-09-2008, 01:39 PM.
    2008 325i coupe
    Stock

breyton is one of the heavier rims in the market... i'll go with the race GTS fow shoow!

Comment

I'd suggest you to go for the Race GTS, looks better compared to the Spirit Black, BTW thats a good choice

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        breyton is one of the heavier rims in the market... i'll go with the race GTS fow shoow!
        Note - These are 20"

they are, i agree - These are the weights

Race GTS
        Rear - Weight: 30.5lbs --- $ 329 Each
        Front - Weight: 27.5lbs. --- $ 309 Each

Cuz really the whole things comes up-to about AED 4700 (excluding shipping costs)
        Would i get something lighter and probably similar looking and in the same price range?
        2008 325i coupe
        Stock

Comment

Dont you think 20'' is too big for your car ? I guess your stocks are 17" right

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
            And most of all - Will appreciate if someone could tell me where can i find a Breyton Dealer in UAE (shj, dxb) .
            There is no dealer for Breyton in UAE :nono:

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
              Dont you think 20'' is too big for your car ? I guess your stocks are 17" right

i thought so too - but when i saw this . . .
              8_14.jpg

i changed my mind!
              2008 325i coupe
              Stock

Comment

That looks hot !! But remember, you'll have to lower your car a little bit for better control and handling

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                  That looks hot !! But remember, you'll have to lower your car a little bit for better control and handling
                  That would be the next step on my check-list
                  2008 325i coupe
                  Stock

Comment

Then id say go ahead

Comment

20 is too big and heavy for your car, plus won't be comfortable to drive on... Without lowering springs and shocks, your car will look like a 4x4 with the bigger rims/tyres.

You are looking at putting a minimum of AED 500 per tyre for shipping, plus tyres cost at least AED 1,500 (depending on brand) a corner for 20"... I would suggest going with a max of 19".

Also since your car isn't very torquey you will struggle with acceleration and performance the with bigger and heavier rims/tyres

But in terms of looks I would go with the GTS. Another tip is to find your stock wheel weight and try to find something that is the same weight or lighter
                      ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

are you crazy hiten? 20' on a 3series will kill the car. you will lose handling and wear out your bushings and shocks/struts quicker. 18's or 19's are more than enough for your car.

Comment

+1 to petrolhead & bruno, go for 19's :read:

i personally think there's much better designs & lighter rims than breyton, do a comprehensive search on E92-related forums & see real life pics..

BMW history:
                          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

oh & as a note from personal experience, rims with polished lip are a bit hard to maintain.. you need to always blow the water off the lip & wipe them dry after a car wash, otherwise you'll get watermarks which need polishing to remove etc..

no lips is much easier to maintain, clean, repair etc..

BMW history:
                            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

If u are looking to add rims for the looks, and u are not into speeding, handeling, etc. then go for the 20"! but like everyone said, u will need those springs immediately! ur car will look like 4X4, and u wont feel good driving it like that! then u will start thinking was it a mistake buying those rims! lol. so if u can get the 20" rims and lowering springs (mine cost 1200 dirhams H&R), then do that!
                              If not, and u do care and speed, handeling, and so on, then go for the 19"!
                              The GTS rims look sick!!!
                              Good luck!
                              sigpic
                              Audi R8 - White / Blk
                              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                              X