Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Storage in Dubai

Z3 Friday morning 1.JPG
    I just bought this '99 Z3 and I want to store it each year from May 1st till Oct 31st. I'd like an air conditioned, covered (obviously) garage for it.

I'm from Canada and in Canada you can import cars from outside the United States that are older than 15 years, regardless of where they're made or whether they comply with Canadian things like daytime running lights, etc., although that is currently under review. But assuming the policy remains intact, when I leave here in another six years or so I'd like to bring the car with me which means keeping the mileage down and preserving it as well as possible. I just want to have it for the winter here.

I used to do this with my motorcyle back home. Dealerships would store them in the winter and have them ready to go for you in the spring. Does anyone know if there's a similar deal for cars here in Dubai?

thanks very much for any ideas!

wow! definitely an awesome idea....not sure anyone does it though :)
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

doesnt exist here.

however there are lots of air-conditioned underground parking lots...

Comment

Well failing my original idea (which might be an interesting business to start up), does anyone have an extra spot in an underground garage, preferably, that they'd consider renting out from the end of April till the beginning of November? If not that, then even a spot in any covered garage would be better than leaving it on the street with a car cover on it.

If you have something, please PM me and we can get in touch.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Zonker View Post
          Well failing my original idea (which might be an interesting business to start up), does anyone have an extra spot in an underground garage, preferably, that they'd consider renting out from the end of April till the beginning of November? If not that, then even a spot in any covered garage would be better than leaving it on the street with a car cover on it.

If you have something, please PM me and we can get in touch.

cheers
          There are several car storage companies in Dubai.

One of them belongs to my friend and is located right next to our workshop in DIP and they offer several packages

Give me a call on 055-9565303 as i cant send or receive PM's
          sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
          Dubai Investment Park 2
          The Curve Building Complex
          Warehouse No.1
          P.O Box 28638
          Dubai, United Arab Emirates
          Office: +97148830851
          Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
          Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
          Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

@simon*X

There are several car storage companies in Dubai? Can you name a few of them, please? I've googled a couple possibilities but, typical for this place, you don't really get a clear picture of what they offer from their websites. I'd just like a bit of choice.

I'll call you, thx.

Comment

How much space do you have where you live?

Reason for asking is that you can buy these "plastic" tents that can fit a car in. Completely sealed but I think you have to have a power point very close.

Obviously no good if you live in a block of flats but if you have a villa with a car port/garage, it could work.
              1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
              2012 Camaro SS
              2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
              2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

I ended up finding a guy with an air conditioned spot in his underground garage who didn't own a car. Put it there at the beginning of May, covered it, put a fuel stabiliser in the tank, mothballs inside, pumped up the tires and then just went over and ran it for 20 minutes a month. The perfect solution. Cheap, too!

I'm getting it out next week. So stoked!

Comment

How about some pics of the car Zonker, that would be great.. ; ) welcome to the zed frey btw : D
                  Btw, if that's the pic of your new car up in that first post, I think it's a 97 as it doesn't have roll bars. 98 and onwards had factory bars..
                  Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanne View Post
                    How about some pics of the car Zonker, that would be great.. ; ) welcome to the zed frey btw : D
                    Btw, if that's the pic of your new car up in that first post, I think it's a 97 as it doesn't have roll bars. 98 and onwards had factory bars..
                    Hi there,

Nope, it's a '98. At first I thought it was a '99 but its exact date of manufacture was Feb 16, 1998. My birthday! (well different year but you know what I mean).

When I joined the forum last year I did put up a few pics in the new members introduction thread. Right here:

http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthre...ht=#post135739

cheers

Comment

Check out Parc Ferme... owner is Motaz. THey on facebook too
                      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X