DCT Software + News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCT Software + News

I had a problem with my car.. it stalled on me 6 times.. I almost had a nasty accidents in 2 of them..

My service was due I took the car to the dealer & got it back today :

- They told my they re-adjusted the valves to solve this problem.. I did not buy it .. but I'll use the car & see.

- I complained about the gear changes were tough when down shifting even if it was on D mode.. They contacted germany & got an answer that the car needs software update & they should have it by the end of SEPT.

- When I was going I met the branch manager ..nice guy.. & he took me to the latest project they have.. it was an M6 Gpower.. 731 hp... 731 hp.. WTH.. this is really cool.. but the exciting news was that they are planning the same thing for M3 which will take it up to 520 hp.. the sad thing is I think it will be very very expensive.. maybe 35,000$.

I can't wait for sept. I can't wait for the M3 Gpower.. but I can't upgrade.. it's too much

2008 BMW M3 / White
    2006 Range Rover Sport / Black (sold)
    2004 VW Touareg / Silver (sold)
    2001 Audi A8 / Silver (sold)
    1999 Opel Omega / Silver (sold)
    1998 Lumina LTZ / Maroon (sold)
    1994 Opel Vectra / white (sold)

great news that you got your car back.. an update will smoothen her even more i hope. keep us posted on this one as it's interesting to see how the new e92 will handle software updates.

Comment

The 731hp G-Power system is from the "Hurricane" M5 that they released a while back... As far as I know it costs more than $35,000 more like €40,000 not including other things you need to make the transformation and installation costs
      ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
        The 731hp G-Power system is from the "Hurricane" M5 that they released a while back... As far as I know it costs more than $35,000 more like €40,000 not including other things you need to make the transformation and installation costs
        The Hurricane M5 was released in 2005 Dubai motor show, correct me if im wrong. Here are the pics of the M5 released during the show in Dubai

Comment

Software up-dates are usually the case nowadays . . . Mechanical faults are getting rare.

Anyways, good luck with it. And hope all goes well !

Just, drive the car smoothly till the software update. You could be damaging your gear box or something else if you do .
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Coming back to our topic
            Glad you got your car back Abbood, let us know how it is now after the re-adjusting of the valves

Comment

That's the problem with any first-off gadget in a new generation car. Manufacturers do all the testing they can before releasing the new models, but heavily rely on customers reviews afterward to troubleshoot the bugs...

Please keep us in the loop on the upgrade bro.. :)

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                Software up-dates are usually the case nowadays . . . Mechanical faults are getting rare.
                Have to agree, cuz cars these days are becoming more and more computerised, everything depends on the software, minor faults in software can stop a running car, thus making the repair cost more than getting a mechanical job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  That's the problem with any first-off gadget in a new generation car. Manufacturers do all the testing they can before releasing the new models, but heavily rely on customers reviews afterward to troubleshoot the bugs...

so true..

and just as a note, i wouldn't buy anything in it's first year of production :)

BMW history:
                  07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    great news that you got your car back.. an update will smoothen her even more i hope. keep us posted on this one as it's interesting to see how the new e92 will handle software updates.
                    Thanks.. I'll keep u posted..

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                    It's a good mod..but it's so expensive..

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                    The Hurricane M5 was released in 2005 Dubai motor show, correct me if im wrong. Here are the pics of the M5 released during the show in Dubai

I remember it.. I don't like the wheels that much..

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post

Anyways, good luck with it. And hope all goes well !

Just, drive the car smoothly till the software update. You could be damaging your gear box or something else if you do .
                    Thanks.. I drive the car smoothly (as much as possible) eh eh eh ..

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                    Coming back to our topic
                    Glad you got your car back Abbood, let us know how it is now after the re-adjusting of the valves
                    Thanks.. but I think it needs at least 1 month of testing..

Originally posted by Ayham View Post

But I think BMW would be much smarter than releasing some thing with a software bug..

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                    so true..

and just as a note, i wouldn't buy anything in it's first year of production :)
                    I would just for having the 1st on my area :)

2008 BMW M3 / White
                    2006 Range Rover Sport / Black (sold)
                    2004 VW Touareg / Silver (sold)
                    2001 Audi A8 / Silver (sold)
                    1999 Opel Omega / Silver (sold)
                    1998 Lumina LTZ / Maroon (sold)
                    1994 Opel Vectra / white (sold)

Comment

Doesn't have anything to do with being smart or not...That's an engineering fact of life; first models ALWAYS need trouble shooting. Even a chair can't work from the first time you design and build it :)

Comment

Very well said Ayham

Comment

Working...
                        X