Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AGMC extended warranty

Hi all,

Just bought a 530i '07 and warranty on that car finished 6 months ago. I have heard, that one can purchase extended warranty from AGMC, but was not sure if its true. So did anyone of you try this? Is it worth it? And how much it can cost :)

Obviously, I will call AGMC and ask all these questions, but its good to have a second opinion from you guys and especially if someone did that.

Cheers,

i think it was maximum 5 years after the car was sold... you cant get more than that unless you buy it used from the dealership.
    can someone correct me if im wrong.

Comment

Warranty above 5 years is not possible.
      Service contract above 5 years is what they usually offer which only covers oil and brakes service, prices ranging from AED 7,700 to 13,200 but depends upon mileage, previous history etc. Discussed it over the forum, http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthre...ract-Extension , and did not opt for it.

Comment

What? only covers oil and brakes service?! lol :D
        Thanks anyway!

Comment

a few days back i came across a 3rd party company that provides warranty. prices started at 4k all the way up to 10k. they had a whole lot of items on that check list which was worth checking.

Comment

Bruno, would you do it for '07 530i? Or would just go for Insha'Allah mode ;))

Comment

Bruno, which 3rd party company was it?

Comment

my mate got the quote from a company called gulf warranties. http://www.gulfwarranties.com/

any BMW with a mileague above 80k will give you issues

Comment

i heared the same from ADM that gulf warranties offerring something but i didnt check it yet, but its good to try it and i guess the price will be $$$$ :D

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                  E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I got a quote when i had my E60 M5, i think it was about 5k, cant remember which policy it was as they have 3 levels......had it on my Lumina....used it often with no problems though, pretty quick approvals for here, couple of days tops.....
                    sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

M5Mark, so you are saying its wort it? Can you repair your car anywhere and give them the bill or only have to go to their service?

Here is the quote they gave me:

They allowed me only the silver cover - http://warrantyplus.com/PkgSilver.aspx
                      Max claim liability : AED 5000.00 per claim (unlimited no of claims during policy period)

Premium : AED 2123.00

What do you think guys?

Comment

Sairox, for me it was worth it, the Lumina i had needed new drive shafts etc. window lifters, all covered and was great, the reason i got for the E60 was the warranty from BMW ran out, i got the warranty and had 3 window lifters replaced in that car before i sold it.......it gave me peace of mind that some of the parts i needed were covered and i wasn't looking at a sky high bill......

They have recommended list of garages you can take your car too, i believe X center was on there, so you have to use there garages.

GL...
                        sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

Is the Extended Warranty from Abu Dhabi Motors Applicable in AGMC

I would like to know if the Extended Warranty from Abu Dhabi Motors Applicable in AGMC Dubai.

Comment

Possibly yes, they usually refer back to BMW AG for granting any extended warranty since you need their approval. So it should be honored by both dealerships.

I'd ring up AGMC and confirm.
                            Current
                            E92 M3 - Mineral White
                            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                            E36 318is
                            E39 540i ///M sport
                            VW CC
                            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Extended Warranty from Abu Dhabi Motors Applicable in AGMC

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                              Possibly yes, they usually refer back to BMW AG for granting any extended warranty since you need their approval. So it should be honored by both dealerships.

I'd ring up AGMC and confirm.
                              Thanks for the Prompt Response.

Well it's also mentioned in BMW website

Comment

Working...
                              X