Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E39 Door Lock Acutator Problem

Hi Guys,
    my E39 decided to become a limousine today, the front passenger door will not unlock and now all passengers get treated to a ride in the back, just about to order my chauffeur hat and gloves.

I have checked a few message boards and it would seem the problem will require have the door panel damaged to get to the actuator as it seems to have dead locked itself, i tried the coat hanger trick to try and get the door open and several frustrating hours trying to open it with the key etc, problem is now that the door is firmly closed i don't know how to get the panels off with out damage, if that possible as i am sure i need to get to some clips on the sides, any advice?

Thanks
    Mark.
    sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

hey mark... this will sort out your problem i guess

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...uble-lock.html

Comment

Hey Bruno,
      thanks man, will give that a look, know where i can get the torx from?

see you have an E39 for breaking, selling any parts?

Also, do you know of any places that can dip alloys so they can be repainted, my originals are peeling and i love the style, so want to restore them to there former glory if possible.

thanks
      MArk.
      sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

ace hardware and carrefour carries them. the breaker is at my father's shop swing by and and check what parts you will need then let me know, it's in Garhoud.

no one in UAE can dip and refurb our wheels sadly. they will have to peal the current shadow chrome layer and respray it to what will look different.

i would however ask Mr. Cap in al quoz if they are able to do it.

Comment

Thanks, where in Garhoud is the shop, whats the interior like, mines worn, so i will either replace the seats or get them re-done....

Ok, Mr. Cap is getting a call.....
          sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

i have the cinnamon interior on the other car... 2 front seats are gone, the rear ones and door cards are fine. but it's dusty.

it's behind the emirate HQ building next to the terminal 3 traffic light.

Comment

working at the airport :) so not far away.....road number and garage name if you got it :)
              sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

Actually I heard of two places that can chrome dip rims and other things. There's still hope.

Comment

Ayham, do you have the details? Mr Cap are looking at the problem for me as well, lets see
                  sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

Working...
                  X