X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dubai tasjeel registration with straight pipe

Good evening

Need suggestions and feedback.

1)If I have straight exhaust pipe, will I get Dubai tasjeel 'pass'?

2)If I remove only primary cats, will I get Dubai tasjeel 'pass'?

Please note I need registration in Dubai, have anyone experienced?

Thanks in advance

I had Straight Pipes And passed Sharjah Tasjeel Without any Comments, i'm Not sure If Dubai follow the same procedures.
    Goodluck tho and keep us updated
    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

50/50 chance...
      it depends who looks at it.

Comment

Thanks, will see

Comment

take to one place... if it fails there, send it to the next and keep moving on to different locations till one guy decideds that it finally can pass. sometimes you will just be lucky from the first time.

my e39 m5 passes with straight pipes no questions asked lol but i usually install my stock mufflers or super spirnts they seem not to notice them very much.

Comment

Can I ask where you got the straight pipe work done. I live in the tecom area. Anything around that you know of? Im thinking of getting crafty on my 545i. The undercarriage of that car is like a serial chain of mufflers and cats. Totally kills the V8 rumble i'm out to get. Thanks.

Comment

for the old e39 m5 pipe was found in shj scrap yard,

I would suggest you to buy spare one in scrap yard and play with it, but keep original with you, who knows when they will impound the cars with modified exhausts.

I still haven't experinced with the garages who cut's the cats

Be sure to there are cat sensors needs to be set up, if installed incorrectly, the engine check light will pop up

Comment

Thanks for your advice. Yeah im definitely not gonna play around with the cats that have oxygen sensors on them. I did this mod on my E39 540 in Beirut which gave excellent results, but it needed a crafty exhaust welder.

I basically cut off the unmonitored cats and hollowed those out. Inserted a straight pipe inside the cat and welded both ends to what was already on the car. End result was that I got a straight pipe setup which to the authorities looked like i had the original cats still on the car. The car sounded amazing just from that little mod. Just want to replicate the same thing here in Dubai and need someone just as crafty to pull it off.

Comment

ive done mine in sharjah just for 150 dh but my cats we allready dead and the o2 sensors were allready unpluged. so easy job .

the guy made it so cheap but i guess because he kept the old cats was gonna sell them for metal scrap.

sounds good not to loud but the smell is sometimes a bit to much. im really thinking about going back to the cats any ways.
                  take care of your ride and it will take care of you.

Comment

Working...
                  X