Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice on buying a hard top

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a hard top for my new E46 M3 and would appreciate your advice..anything specific to look out for?

This is my first convertible car in Dubai and I wonder if you still can drive in the summer heat with soft top...without being grilled !?

Cheers

you can drive with the soft top no issues whatsoever, just check your ac and ur fine, whats the milage on ur car, i can tell u approximately what to expect.. actually many owners here can share their experience.. i have an m3 e46 hartop.. but i dont remember the last time i put it on :) to be honest, the car looks soooo sexy with the hardtop , i hate removing it :)
    sigpic
    2002 1975 white
    E9 3.0 1975 green
    E12 528 1980 white
    E21 315 1982 red first owner
    E21 320 1979 yellow
    E23 745i 1982 red
    E23 733i 1979 white
    E24 635csi 1989 blue
    E34 M5 3.8 1993 red
    E36 M3 Cabrio 1995 dakkar yellow
    E46 M3 Cabrio 2003 silver

All current rides, yet few missing, more to come :bmwfan:

Comment

Thanks for the reply...did you mean you prefer the looks with the hardtop on or off?

The milage is 150,000km

BTW, I liked your bimmers listed below your car pic...once a bmw driver, always a bmw driver :)

Cheers

Comment

We've sold an E46 hardtop last week to an M3 owner. Painted it cost him AED 4,500. That's your benchmark price.

Welcome to the Club buddy.

Comment

Welcome to the club buddy...Ive had my e46 m3 for almost 5 years now....without the hardtop...summers are fine...as long as you have a good quality tint and plan ur parking (shade if possible) you will be fine...a hardtop is not an absolute necessity :)

that being said, i havent really experienced the difference in how it would feel with the hardtop on during summers :)

anyhow, its a personal choice if you are driving around a lot during the day time, then i guess it wud make sense to get a hardtop...

Cheers!
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
          X