Blackened out kidney grilles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackened out kidney grilles

Where are people getting these done and how much?

Been looking at my old girl and think I need to do it.
    1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
    2012 Camaro SS
    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Ask Ayham or Bruno... with my old e46 I just had the outside part painted in the cars body color (Carbon Black) and the middle section in matte black.. do a simple paint job!
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

you can just take the kidney grilles off the car, brush them a bit with sandpaper and spray them with black paint. You can get the spray from Ace hardware
      sigpic
      BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

i did mine at Fibrafoil
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
          i did mine at Fibrafoil
          Price?
          1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
          2012 Camaro SS
          2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
          2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

I sanded the ones on Infamous' car with a green dish pad and he painted them with kyrlon flat black from Ace, they turned out pretty good for a half-intoxicated saturday afternoon project haha. The tricky part is removing them without busting the tabs :S

Comment

loooool @ Spennie!

Ya those tabs are infamous for breaking (see what I did there :D) broke half of my OEM ones on the M5 trying to install the CF ones...
              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
              X