Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW M6 New Boy

Hello Everyone

I am new to the forum and dubai. I am looking for a BMW M6 and have a budget for about 150K. I have a few question for the regulars if you would not mind helping me out.

1. What year/mileage can expect for the money
    2. Can I get an extended warranty - either through BMW or through an independent provider?
    3. What is the cost of servicing at DAS Autoworks - is it significantly cheaper than AGMC - eg. what is the labour cost per hour at both?
    4. What are the key things to look for before purchase - I have seen SMG pump mentioned - anything else
    5. Can i get a pre sale inspection done
    6. What is the general experience in reliability for M6/M5 owners in the UAE - is it good or bad
    6. Any special options i need to look out for?
    7. Any members with a car they wish to sell?
    8. How do I find out about local M car meets so i can come and meet some of you guys?

Any help would be most welcome. thank you in advance
    Last edited by testastretta; 17-02-2012, 09:50 PM.

Is there anyone that can give me a little help. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by testastretta View Post
      Hello Everyone

I am new to the forum and dubai. I am looking for a BMW M6 and have a budget for about 150K. I have a few question for the regulars if you would not mind helping me out.

1. What year/mileage can expect for the money
      2. Can I get an extended warranty - either through BMW or through an independent provider?
      3. What is the cost of servicing at DAS Autoworks - is it significantly cheaper than AGMC - eg. what is the labour cost per hour at both?
      4. What are the key things to look for before purchase - I have seen SMG pump mentioned - anything else
      5. Can i get a pre sale inspection done
      6. What is the general experience in reliability for M6/M5 owners in the UAE - is it good or bad
      6. Any special options i need to look out for?
      7. Any members with a car they wish to sell?
      8. How do I find out about local M car meets so i can come and meet some of you guys?

Any help would be most welcome. thank you in advance

Hi there,

Just noticed the thread.

1. You can get 06' and 07' models. If you are very lucky 08'
      2. Dealer yes you can unless you buy the car from them which will probably over 200k. there are many independent companies that provide warranty but they charge an arm and a leg.. I personally never used them and don’t need to.
      3. Anything is cheaper than the dealership. Not sure something like 250 VS 500
      4. The more the car has travelled the more components fail. The closer it is to 80k more things fail. Now if the person sorted them out then you are good to get the car. On top of that you have other aspects involved like parts failing due to usage.
      5. Yes… dealers and independent shops all do that.
      6. I had an m6 they are reliable. Given that you service them on time.
      6a. That comes down to you. Some were individual with extended leather and some where normal.
      7. You will get PMs I guess :)
      8. We will publish a couple of meets very soon stay tuned. You must check the forums regularly under the events section. If the event is major event we usually send emails.

Comment

Thank you for the response . I have posted a wanted ad in the For Sale/Buy section.

Look forward to seeing some of you at future events

Comment

welcome :) I believe there is one for sale, contact member meskovic
          sigpic

Current:
          E36 97' 328ci 5MT Individual/ Dakar Gelb II
          E34 93' M5 3.8/ Petrol-Mica Metallic
          E39 00' 528i M/ Silver

History:
          VW 09' GOLF R32 / Deep Blue - SOLD

Comment

PM sent to meskovic and awaiting reply.

I have enquired about a few of the cars on dubizzle but everytime i have asked if the sellers is prepared to allow an independent inspection by either DAS autoworks or AGMC the sellers stop responding or the car is no longer for sale - despite it remaining advertised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely people don't just buy cars blind out here?

So only reason for asking if a club member is selling is that they may be more understanding to an inspection or will have cared for their cars more.

Comment

in your first contact with the buyer its better not to focus much on mentioning anything about inspecting the car. ask basic questions until you lure them into viewing the car. there and then take an appointment with the inspecting entity and envolve him at the spot. if he refuses then he is clearly hiding something.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. So what your saying is slowly slowly catchy monkey.

In terms of negotiating - how far below the asking price do people think is an acceptable level to start at in these parts without completly blowing the deal?

Cheers
                Last edited by testastretta; 21-02-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by testastretta View Post
                  Thanks for the tip. So what your saying is slowly slowly catchy monkey.

In terms of negotiating - how far below the asking price do people think is an acceptable level to start at in these parts without completly blowing the deal?

Cheers
                  It really depends if the existing owner needs to quickly get rid of the car.

Its the same in any Country - cash is king and if you waft crispy folded notes which total some 15% below the asking price, you may get the seller agreeing.
                  1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                  2012 Camaro SS
                  2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
                  2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Working...
                  X