Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips & Tricks

I really don't know where this should be going or if this is a re-post
    but i came across some awesome tip and tricks that work mostly on E60's E90's and maybe even on other models that i do not know of.

These tricks certainly kept me up and running to the garage every 5 minutes to try out my new found "knowledge" and i'm sure will bring a smile to a ny BMW owners face when even after a few years of even months of owning car they'd discover a small feature that they didn't know existed.

Either way ill get straight to business, Please do note that this is a culmination of tips i have collected from another thread in another forum, And i sincerely apologize if this is a re-post and please to try em out at your own risk.:popcorn:

1)All the windows will close for a period of about 30 secs even after the key is removed.

2)If you have been driving (or parked with the light switch being in auto mode) and the exterior lights aluminated.

Sometimes you need outside lights after parking and locking up your car.

Pull the indicator paddle towards you once and the exterior lights will come back on again giving you 30secs of lights to direct you up the garden path, country road etc.

3)When cancelling blinker, push in the same direction as you did to set the blinker, as if you were using the lane-change feature

4)This trick works with the E39 and E60 You don't have to put the key in the door. Just keep the remote control's 'open' or 'close' button pressed for 5 seconds to open or close all windows. should include electric sunroofs as well. where if you hold the lock button for 5 seconds the windows close and vice versa with the unlock button.

5)On the E60's To turn DSC off completely, you don't press the button twice, you hold it in for a period of time until the DSC off warning comes on.

6)Pressing "Stop/Start" without foot on the brake. Doing this allows you to cycle through the different stages of ignition on your car, in the same way you used to be able when you had a key (which had multiple positions). This is especially useful if you have items powered by the cigarette lighters which don't usually come on until you start the engine. Hit the "start" button without your foot on a pedal and the electronics will power up, without starting the engine.

7) Holding "iDrive knob" in a direction for 1 second. Doing this allows you to jump straight to another menu without having to navigate back to the main screen. E.g., if you are in "entertainment" (down) and want to go to "Navigation", just hold the knob to the right for one second. When you've finished, pull it towards you for one seond, and you're back in entertainment. This one has saved me so much time.

8)you do not want the courtesy lights to come on everytime you open the door (perhaps where sun always shines or for privacy reasons) then just press & hold the main courtesy light button (centre button above the rearview mirror) for few seconds. This will switch off the lights for good (until that is you manually press the button again to turn it on).

9)The side mirrors automatically unfold on the both the Pre LCI and the LCI models (e60) after you start to drive...if you forget to unfold them beforehand.

10) If you have FM on, and you press the forward or reverse button on the wheel for just a tad longer, radio goes into "scan" mode

11) with interior sunroof cover in place, tilting the sunroof opens the interior cover in the middle about an inch to let air in

12) Probably not on all E60 models but the little pull out and retractable arm rest that is located above the handbrake. (this extension over your handbrake allows you to rest your arm more forward...closer to the gear shift).

13)If u like hiding stuff inside ur car, like ur wallet or something.. Theres a little pouch underneed the steering wheel. Just bring the steering wheel up to the highest position and stick ur walllet or phone or whatever in the pouch (make sure the leather is there, cus the pouch sometimes opens and it might fall back in there ) Once uve put the thing in there, bring ur steering wheel down again and viola! It will hold it in place and you can see it unless you know its there

14)After you park and turn off the car (but before you open the door) press the turn signal indicator in either direction. The corresponding tail light and angel eyes come on and stay on solid (not flashing). Apparently this is to mark your car if you're parked on the side of the road so that others driving by at night can see it, and hopefully not hit you.

15)f you need to turn them on when its not dark enough for your sensor to automatically do it. if you hit your fog lamp switch while the headlamp knob is in auto mode (lights not currently on though) both your fogs and headlamps will turn on. this helps because i always forget to turn them off and risk killing the battery. if you do it like this the lights turn off with the car

16)Without a key in the ignition if you press the volume button three times the radio will come on. I haven't checked it out put surmise that it will play for a limited time. 10 min?. This will work even if you are not in the car but reach in with the door open. This is not in my manual so I guess it is another "undocumented feature." is annoying having to have the ignition on to have the radio on when the engines off, or you want to leave a passenger in the car while you take the keys with you, and not leave them any entertainment. Really HELPS

17)With bluetooth enabled car,pressing the telephone button on the steering wheel a little too long (like 2 sec) and redials the last number called.

Hope you enjoy the lil tricks i've come across. :shisha:
    hope u guys have a happy new new year.
    cheers.
    Last edited by Shaheenarshan; 03-01-2012, 11:39 AM. Reason: Than you eoudeh for pointing it out. :)

Very entertaining :) and I must say, THANK YOU for taking the time sharing this buddy.

Comment

Interesting facts...a few known and many unknown...thnx for the share! :)
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
        '13 F10 ///M5 6MT Alpine White
        '06 E63 ///M6 SMG Silverstone
        '95 E36 2JZ Swap Gray - Drift
        '92 E36 325i Black
        History:
        '08 E92 ///M3 6MT Silverstone
        '06 E60 ///M5 SMG Alpine White
        '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg
        '98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue

Comment

:)
          Glad to contribute.
          Please do dd on.
          im sure there are lods more that you may have come across.
          cheers

Comment

thanx for sharing bro, for me i know all the points u mentioned but i would like to to correct one point which is # 9, by default the mirrors for all E60s (pre-LCI & LCI) will unfold when u drive above 40km ;)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

My bad. Rectified :)
              thankyou Eoudeh

Comment

Entertaining and helpfull!!! Thank you! :)
                sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
                Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
                Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
                Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
                Black 1986 E28 535i
                Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
                Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
                Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Working...