Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expert Advice - Alpina B3 Covertible Model 2001

Hello Experts,

I need your expert advice as I m pretty much lost, in regards what to do with my Alpina B3 Model 2001. I m very much newbie to BMW and the ride was transferred to me as my friend was leaving the country for good.

History I know about the car was engine & Transmission replaced with 330CI parts and there was a leak from Steering Rack ( Rubber ) which was replaced too. When I got the car it was working fine except the steering as it doesn’t look like power steering and need power to move on turns.

After 2 months it start talking lots of acceleration to move and my friend told me it’s a transmission seal which is broken. On my friend recommendation I took the car to TAG (Talent Auto Garage) sheikh Zayad Road Dubai, they checked it and told me it will take 2 weeks which took them 2 months, once the transmission was fixed there was red battery light showing and car won’t start and told me first fuel sensor is broken and it will take 2 weeks to get it deliver, to my frustration I went to Sharjah and bought a new one same night and next day they told me the key is faulty and took another week and got it fixed from Tony Edwards as per there statement. TAG told me to drive for 2 days and the red light will turn off as battery need recharge. It cost me lota money and car was again on the road and the red light didn’t go for whole week and finally car again stop starting. I took the car back to TAG, had a big argument that at the time, when I gave my car to TAG it didn’t have any kinda problem like red battery light or starting issue well they said they will charge more to fix it so I took the car to a workshop in Sharjah BMW road and in one day they inform me the Dynamo was changed by TAG and they showed me the part which was in the car and the one which bought and once they change it, the red light went off although it cost me another 1800 Dhrm but up till now I m not facing any issue with the starting except after 4 days the seal is leaking again and car is back to the stage one I went to TAG and inform them that it was less than 15 days and the same problem occurred, they told me there was no warranty or guarantee so I have to pay again to get it fixed.
    It’s been more than 1 month car is standing in a parking-lot, lot of people suggested me to replace the transmission unit with a used transmission as repairing again can put you back in the same problem.

On lot of forums I find out that transmission is a common problem in BMW

I need Expert Advice

1- Should I replace the Transmission with used transmission ( cant afford new one) or Repair it. ( From where I can get a good transmission with less price)

2- Any good garage which you can recommend, which can give any guarantee or warranty of the work. So I cannot be fooled like TAG did to me

3- Steering Problem ( I have drove X5, X6 and 5 Series even Toyota ) but my steering is like moving a truck without power steering.

All information is welcome, I m not looking for huge budget fix or fancy garage. A good mach who can get me out of this problem.

Thanks
    Jibran
    Last edited by jibby; 22-10-2011, 08:12 PM.

Get it checked by DAS Autoworks...

I'm sure they can help you out to determine the exact issue and sort it out ! :)
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

M_Power,

Any Idea where they located or is there any website ?

Comment

check with Bruno
        sigpic
        • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
        and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

located in Al Quoz... the boyz will be around to provide the map. Just off Manara exit :)

Good luck... Das will take care of u!
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Thanks Expert Team, i hope my ride get fixed n running soon will call them tomorrow morning and hope i get the solution in good price.

Comment

dude, always go for Das Autoworks:worshipbmw: any other workshop would just rip you off, and even do lousy work. hit sheikh zayed road and take the al manara brigde /interchange to al quoz. first signal (KTM on your right handside) take right. then first street (munich autoworks ) turn right, to the end t-junction take right and you will find das autoworks on your left side (lots of bmw standing around) damn boy, i should be the programmer of the bmw navigation systems:nicerims: anyone needs update ? lol:lol:
              ''Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.''

''Fear is exciting for me.''

Ayrton Senna

Comment

Thanks Nima, I spoke to Ayham today and very much satisfied that my ride going in a right hands and i really want to thank bmw club uae for amazing support. Tomorrow afternoon i m taking my ride :)

Comment

Keep us updated ! ;)
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current
                  HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Finally Car is with Ayham!! enjoyed a good conversation and got to know stuff which i was confused about my car. Pretty relax that my ride is in a safe hands :)

Comment

Working...
                    X