Jerk when shifting to R position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerk when shifting to R position

I have E70 2010 4.8 & I am experiencing an intermittent jerk when shifting to R position. Any one here had this problem & how to correct it?

Isn't it the stock jerk because of the brakes being engaged/disengaged?
    '13 F10 ///M5 6MT Alpine White
    '06 E63 ///M6 SMG Silverstone
    '95 E36 2JZ Swap Gray - Drift
    '92 E36 325i Black
    History:
    '08 E92 ///M3 6MT Silverstone
    '06 E60 ///M5 SMG Alpine White
    '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg
    '98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue

Comment

We had this problem in my brother's 7 series E65, the gear used to 'kick' when shifting to R or putting it back to D, had to change the transmission oil, seals, and some transmission programming at the dealer. It works perfectly smooth and fine now..

Comment

Originally posted by ///power View Post
        Isn't it the stock jerk because of the brakes being engaged/disengaged?
        You're right about the brakes being engaged while shifting, but the jerk or the kick reaches a stage where it becomes abnormal, thats where the problem lies..

Comment

There is a difference in a jerking gear and kicking gear...

Comment

since its 2010, send it to AD motors and they ll take care of it, one of my friend had this issue and they solved.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Differential mounts

Project DVS
              Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
              CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

thanks ...

Comment

Working...
                X