SAE diagnostic trouble code: P0492

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 645 2005/06 and I start getting started driving 2 weeks ago and noticed my car was having a hard time switching to second gear and 1 week ago an orange message appears on my dashboard saying "Engine Check Soon". On i-drive system I checked for errors and I could read "Exhausting System failure".
    After connect the BMW PC Analyzing System in the car the messages above disappear and I see only the following message in the BMW PC Analyzing system:
    Message and Results:
    2A08 Secondary air system 2
    Secondary-air mass too low
    Fault currently nor present
    Fault would cause a warming lam to light up

What is the problem? I was almost buying the Lambda Probes sensors (usd 250 each!!! Lot of money!!!) and now the previous message "Exhausting System" +"Engine Check Soon" disappear and I can see only an error message saying that is the Secondary Air System on BMW Analyzing system!
    Kindly help me to understand what should be the problem and how to fix it...
    Thanks a lot for your help and support brothers!:thanks2:

I'll get back to you shortly.

Comment

Piping from air pump to secondary air valves failed perhaps... you will need someone to open your intake manifold and look at potential leaks. but before that it might be worth checking if the is wroking or not but a BMW tool.

i still don't understand how this is related to your gear changes?

Comment

Hi Bruno, I didnt understand either ... the problems with changing between low gears happens only when the engine is cold.... after a while the problem disapeer and the changes runs well.
        As far I read on the Internet, maybe with bad function of this Secondary Air System 2 causes the problems for changing the gears when the engine is still cold once this Air Pump+Valve+Hoses works only with cold engine.
        The most curious facts are:
        a) why the "Servige engine soon" light disapeer from dashboard after connect and read the car problems with BMW Analysis System (Notebook)?
        b) why this SES message was bringing together the "Exhausting System failure" on i-drive message when he was lighted? Now... no more error in I-Drive also!!!

Should the problem in Air Pump or Valve or Hoses cause all this error messages in DashBoard and I-drive?
        Thanks

Comment

i think it's all related to either the air pump itself or there is a leak in the hoses... the delay in the gear change is probably related to the ses light and the vehicle running into limp mode. the ses message has gone because you could've cleared the codes.

anyways check the hardware well and take it from there. speak to ayham he can get it sorted out

Comment

We will see the car tomorrow..

Comment

Working...
            X