Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a used car in the US and exporting it to Dubai

Hey Guys,

i found a great used BMW X5 in the States that i want to buy from a private seller. I want to export it here to Dubai.

Can anyone tell me what the best/safest way of doing this transaction would be? I won't be there to sign but could have a friend do it that is living there.

Which shipping company would you recommend? I think a lot of the shops here import their cars from the US.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Smiler51

there is nothing secured what so ever ,,unless you pay by paypal ,and will cost you 2.5% of the total amount as transfer fees ...

there are 100's of shipping companies online .. contact them by email ,, they will reply back with a lot of options ,, someone of them they even pick up the car from the seller ..

not sure if Bruno can help you with the shipping ... he is on vacation now ,, but he checks the forum from time to time ,, you can PM him ..

also the other experts will give their opinions too ... good luck

Comment

Hi Ehssan,

thanks a lot. I checked with a couple of shipping companies a few years back when i was thinking about importing a car first but then bought one locally. I heard good things about DAS so far but there are always bad reviews too. I sent them a couple emails.

My main problem are the requirements when i buy a car there. How do i get the title and what documents i require to register it here. I also need to make sure the car really belongs to the advertiser. It all doesn't seem too easy :-)

Smiler51

Comment

I am surprised its even worth doing it this way... Maybe the X5's sell for more here than any other BMW? If you are saying you have a friend in the US that can do the transaction for you then that would be the only safest way.
        Last edited by INFAMOUS; 08-08-2011, 06:49 PM.

Comment

unfortunately I have to admit that all the bad reviews you've heard about DAS are made by people who we assumed they are very close friends to Ayham , people thought they will get 5 stars service + highest priority + free of charge service and + 24/7 service assistance , while professionals should not mix between friendships and business .

I don't want to mentions names , but I know few people who took their cars to another garages assuming it's better options , sadly they found out it's not ,, and they broke all the connections so they are not able to go back to DAS ,

try to be a customer , and I can assure you , you will be satisfied with Das services and quality .

back to the topic
          offcourse ,, knowing someone there is the best deal .. but in general when you pay for a car and you want to ship it to here ,, the shipping company will need the title so they can do the customs paper for export , and usually they don't receive any car without a clean title ..

what you can do ,, pass by alaweer used car complex , few of the showrooms have connections in US , make a deal with them and they will manage to buy the car and ship it to you ..

Comment

Thank you Ehssan, bad reviews are an inherent part of every business, regardless of nature.

Buying an X5 is a luck affair really, there are things we test "extra" in any X5 we receive for a PPC because their failures are unique to them. And one can be very expensive, despite the performance and luxury level it offers, but it might leave you wondering if keeping it is sane :)

Sorr if we've missed any of your emails, can you re-send please?

Comment

Is the price that much better, to go threw the hassle of buying a car that you haven't personally test drove/checked and shipping it over?

Transaction I recommend you send your friend the money and let him deal with it, instead of you dealing with the seller. I know couple of companies in Canada maybe they will be able to help, let me know if your interested.
              - E82, 1M - Current
              • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
              - E30, 316 Touring - Current
              • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
              - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
              E36, 318 Touring Sold
              E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

Originally posted by S.BAKI View Post
                Is the price that much better, to go threw the hassle of buying a car that you haven't personally test drove/checked and shipping it over?

Transaction I recommend you send your friend the money and let him deal with it, instead of you dealing with the seller. I know couple of companies in Canada maybe they will be able to help, let me know if your interested.
                Is there an echo in here? :joking:

Comment

for shipping rates you can always contact me, jeanl@ami-me.com
                  sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                  2006 Z4M - SOLD
                  1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                  2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                  2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                  2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                  2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                  1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                  2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
                    for shipping rates you can always contact me, jeanl@ami-me.com
                    ohhh , I completely forgot about you dude ,,, :banghead:

Comment

no worries bro...
                      sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                      2006 Z4M - SOLD
                      1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                      2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                      2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                      2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                      2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                      1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                      2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Working...
                      X