Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know the differences in a "Gulf" e39 m5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know the differences in a "Gulf" e39 m5?

my car has the gulf package, obviously, and i was just curious what is different in my car than a regular euro m5.
    i know radiator, but thats all i know.

thanks.

:D

cats, cluster and LCM... nothing more

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
      cats, cluster and LCM... nothing more
      gauge cluster?
      and whats LCM?
      and there arent any cats, right?
      werent the radiators upgraded too?

:)

Comment

gauge cluster? yes
        and whats LCM? light control module... it's the the one that you use to turn the lights on and off. aka light switch :)
        and there arent any cats, right? they might have played around with the location of the cats and resonators.
        werent the radiators upgraded too? i don't think they messed with the radiator

some data i found online.
        (Euro) 5.0 L V8-32 - 294 kW (400 hp) with catalytic converter
        (USA) 5.0 L V8-32 - 290 kW (394bhp) with catalytic converter

there are few minor changes.

i've also read somewhere that they have different rotors. euro have the drilled rotors the other one doesn't. and the head lights don't come with the regular angel eyes that we get on ours.

Comment

It's mainly the temperature settings; lower-temp T-stat and lower-temp fan sensor to get the cooling system kicking in faster and earlier. I've done it before to my E36 325, that's all I had to change to make it pass with GCC specs..

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            It's mainly the temperature settings; lower-temp T-stat and lower-temp fan sensor to get the cooling system kicking in faster and earlier. I've done it before to my E36 325, that's all I had to change to make it pass with GCC specs..
            +1 with Ayham, its mainly the thermostat due to the temperatue difference

Comment

mine is the same :dunno:

Comment

Working...
              X