Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E60-Weird Noise From Ac Blower/Fan

Hi Members!

Have an E60 with 48k on the clock, have an intersting noise from the dash.

It is a noise of friction or resistance coming from the ac blower/fan because as soon as I turn it off or move the dial to full speed it goes away.

Now the intersting part is that when turning the car the noise/sound changes and sometimes with the change in speed of the car you can feel the change in the noise/sound.

Any ideas, feedback, etc to resolve the issue

Get a new altenator.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Lol alternator wont cause that^

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...s-how-fix.html

Go through this link there is a post in the middle of the front page with a similar issue as urs.

My 2cent would be first, pointing out the exact location of the buzz/noise. If it's hard contact Ayham 0506527722

Comment

:lol:

Well this just goes to show you. M5Board is not my best source of information.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by wba View Post
          Hi Members!

Have an E60 with 48k on the clock, have an intersting noise from the dash.

It is a noise of friction or resistance coming from the ac blower/fan because as soon as I turn it off or move the dial to full speed it goes away.

Now the intersting part is that when turning the car the noise/sound changes and sometimes with the change in speed of the car you can feel the change in the noise/sound.

Any ideas, feedback, etc to resolve the issue
          It sounds like you have foreign debri stuck around your blower motor or centre vents!
          Simple fix is to remove your AC filter and blow down the vents with an air line to clear any debri! also blow into the centre air vents to clear any debri!
          This is the most comon problem!
          Failing this remove your centre vents and check that all the ac vents are sealed and there are no visable gaps were the air blows up from the blower motor"

Comment

1st of all Thanks to all of you, very helpful!

So its not very serious, no need to tear apart the dash?
            Last edited by wba; 24-06-2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Nope, not really. Removing the microfilter is straight forward, do you have any compressed air line?

Comment

Any compressed air line, how do I find that out?
                Noise has something to do with blower/fan because as soon as I turn it off, there is no noise. I will observe a few symptoms, then go to AGMC (so that they can tell me its not covered in the service contract) and then pass by Das or/and X.

I know it doesnt matter but my iDrive Service is asking for Microfilter after Kms 100,000 ;-)

Comment

I had this issue in our e90, but the only difference is that the noise did not vary with the speed of the car. It's the ac fan/blower in the dash that is hitting with something

Comment

It is quiet clear now that the blower is hitting something in the dash.

For this do we have to open the dash or can it be done without a full "open heart surgery" of the dash?

@Bruno, how was it resolved for the E90?

Comment

i sold the car.. not sure if there is a way to get to the fan without opening the dash :S

Comment

Originally posted by wba View Post
                        It is quiet clear now that the blower is hitting something in the dash.

For this do we have to open the dash or can it be done without a full "open heart surgery" of the dash?

@Bruno, how was it resolved for the E90?
                        No need to open the dash board! you can get at the blower motor from the passenger side, under glove box!
                        Last edited by Shak; 06-07-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

@Bruno, good solution but wont be able to do it.

@ Shak, great, will get in touch soon, :thanks2:

Comment

Working...
                          X