Bloody old cars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody old cars!

So, was cruising down the motorway to work, stopped off at the ADNOC petrol station at Taweelah to fill up. Pulled up to the pump "full Super please", next thing, the petrol attendent knocks on my window and says "you have smoke Sir" - I was like HUH!

Got out of the car and noticed a whole load of smoke coming out from underneath the car - :omg2: at this stage, the petrol attendent has pulled the nozzle out of the car and switched off the petrol (top fella).

So, quick look underneath, seems to be some oil dripping on to the exhaust causing the smoke.

So, get back in car and drive to work - carefully monitoring the oil and engine temps. Get to work and once I have parked, get out of the car and again, smoke coming from under the car. Look at the road and there are oil drops everywhere.

Got under the car and took these: all pics are taken from just behind the drivers side front wheel looking towards the passenger side.

So, anybody hazard a guess as to what is leaking. Its black oil!

1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
    2012 Camaro SS
    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Cant say much from the pics, but there's a huge possibility that your oil pan is leaking and thats where the oil is dripping.. BTW doesnt your car have a plastic protection shield under the car ?

One little advise, just before leaving for home, check the oil level by seeing the dipstick, if you're running out of oil then dont dare driving it..

Comment

most likely the crank gasket to be replaced ,, BMW are famous with this habit .. but we can't tell from the pictures ..

As Ssense said ,, don't worry about the leak as much as oil level .. and Have someone looked at it ,, I remember you told me the car is going to DAS ,, so it's good time to have it checked as well ..

good luck and keep up updated ..

Comment

Das Is your Man!!!
        - E82, 1M - Current
        • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
        - E30, 316 Touring - Current
        • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
        - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
        E36, 318 Touring Sold
        E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
          most likely the crank gasket to be replaced ,, BMW are famous with this habit .. but we can't tell from the pictures ..

As Ssense said ,, don't worry about the leak as much as oil level .. and Have someone looked at it ,, I remember you told me the car is going to DAS ,, so it's good time to have it checked as well ..

good luck and keep up updated ..
          +1 with Ehssan i think its most likely the crank gasket,, Have a check up at DAS hopefully its a small issue. goodluck
          sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
          E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

did you checked the engine oil level? is it decreased? if not maybe hydro steering oil pipes or some related things, its better to let ayham have a look on it

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18†OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

This is sad. Let us know how it turns out.
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I am hoping that it is nothing major and the part is available (INSHALLAH)

Will check oil levels in a short while.

Already spoke to Ayham and car is going straight there tonight either with me behind the wheel or on the back of a flatbed.
                1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                2012 Camaro SS
                2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Crankshaft rear radial seal or oil gallary blanking plug very common!
                  Replaced them both on my m3 last month!

Comment

Shak,

Are the parts available locally?
                    2012 Camaro SS
                    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                      Crankshaft rear radial seal or oil gallary blanking plug very common!
                      Replaced them both on my m3 last month!
                      Very Nice

Now put the car in the "For Sale" section.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yorky500 View Post
                        Shak,

Are the parts available locally?
                        They should be. Ayham can have them delivered to his shop first tomorrow morning.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, appears that there is sufficient oil (accroding to the dip-stick) - just under the 2nd notch.

Also there is only 1 set of traffic lights on my way home in Mussafah Industrial area, so will not have to embarass myself by having people point out there is smoke coming from the car! hahahahahahaha
                          2012 Camaro SS
                          2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

update, did you die on the way? oooooooooppppsss I mean reach safe?
                            Meskovic
                            this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                              update, did you die on the way? oooooooooppppsss I mean reach safe?
                              I am still at work mate, if thats what you are asking? hahahahahahahaha

I will leave a little early to get the car home - he hopes.
                              2012 Camaro SS
                              2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Working...
                              X