Quality of E70 vs E39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quality of E70 vs E39

I like my 2010 X5 but, if I compare it to E39 530i – 2002, I must admit that E39 build quality is better. Maybe BMW has saved materials or something else, but E39 quality is almost perfect.

The E39 is not perfect. Your X5 is quite bad.

I think all X5s are manufactured in the USA.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

The E39s, specially the 530i , are very reliable cars, excellent drive feel, very economical, hardly break down compared to the daily break down of X5s..
      Last edited by SSense; 04-06-2011, 03:31 AM.

Comment

The E53 X5 has ranked as the WORST car in the USA for like 3 years in a row....The E70 is practically the same car, only with more pointless modules.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          The E53 X5 has ranked as the WORST car in the USA for like 3 years in a row...
          What was the criteria for this ranking???

BTW, I am the one who sent you SMS before few weeks asking about X5....

Comment

The E53 X5 has ranked as the WORST car in the USA for like 3 years in a row....The E70 is practically the same car, only with more pointless modules.

I was looking around an E70 recently and I think there is also less load space than in my E53.

Thank God my car has not left me stranded [touching wood now] probably because the engine and tranny are German, but there's been a ridiculous amount of repairs done all over my car in the last 10 months of owning it :(

Comment

Originally posted by Rahmad View Post
              What was the criteria for this ranking???
              Reliability/running costs...

Comment

Reliability/running costs...
                I think this is applicable for almost all bimmers not only for X5 ... correct me if am wrong.

Comment

You are wrong :)

Comment

I owned an E30 and E46 and never had to 'fix' anything in 5 years, other than the E30 headlamp washers, one window lifter and weld up some rusty sills!

I am staggered by the difference in quality, really

PS - the E30's fuel gague went squiffy for a time as well - seem to remeber changing the float to make it work. That's it.
                    Last edited by BigLion; 07-06-2011, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks.

Will appreciate if you give more details & ranking if possible ...

Comment

Working...
                      X