Convert E36 Auto Lever to Late E36/E46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert E36 Auto Lever to Late E36/E46

I have the early spec T-Bar type auto lever in my E36 and was wondering if this can be updated with one from either a later spec E36 (97/98 on) or an E46 model.

Its one of the little hates I have on the car and think updating it would make the interior a bit fresher.

you can upgrade ,, very simple process .. just secure another gear knob ,, swap is simple and easy

Comment

Even for an auto...there is no issue with the release button etc???

Comment

If you have the right parts ,, then it's a matter of parts swap ..

this link will help you alot

http://www.frankies-bmw.com/3series/...shift_knob.php

Comment

Button has nothing to do with it. The pushrod does, and it's the same on both handles.
          Just grab the old the knob and pull it out, and push the new one in. Done.
          Atleast that's how I remember when I did it to a friends car, but that was years ago.

The link which Ehssan posted states otherwise, but then again thats a US spec car and even the shift plate is different. Go to a scrap yard and buy yourself a pistol grip knob and try the above. If it doesn't work, then you might need to follow the steps in the link posted above. But, either way you need the knob, so it's a win win situation.

Good luck and keep us posted!
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
          X