Leasing a Bimmer instead of buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leasing a Bimmer instead of buying

First, thanks to every one who took the time to reply to my post about getting an US spec car.

Been doing some searching on the web about life in general in the UAE, & I've seen several threads about long term leasing vs. buying a used car.

Any of you folks know of an establishment that leases BMWs? My preference is a 5 series sedan, & possibly a 3 series if the price is more than I want to spend.

I'm working on the mindset that the company I will eventually be working for pays a pretty good salary, but I'll only be working there for 3 years max. When its time for me to go back to the states, I want to be able to just walk away without the hassles of selling a car & furniture.

Its just me, no family to worry about, just want to look good & have a good time while I'm over there.

Ish
    Last edited by Ish; 16-05-2011, 05:09 PM.

we don't have leasing here in UAE .. you can rent ..

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
      we don't have leasing here in UAE .. you can rent ..
      Incorrect statement - yes we do have leasing here in the UAE, not sure about BMW, but a mate leases a Lumina SS through an Al Ghandi subsidary Company (about a year ago and still has it).

Also, some of the Rental Companies will do you a leasing deal, although it may be just the same as renting - have to admit, not seen too many rental companies offering a BMW, but I am sure you could ask.

best option, buy a used one. If you have the cash, there are some fantastic deals to be had here on cars.
      1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
      2012 Camaro SS
      2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
      2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

If I were to buy one, I'd have to get a loan. I've been unemployed for almost 6 months, so I really can't wait to get over there & start getting a paycheck.

I have been looking at used BMWs on Dubizzle, but its catch as catch can. Just have to keep looking as I have quite a while to go before I'm over there.

Comment

Now that banks only cover 80% of the car value as maximum loan value, more dealers are realizing they have no escape from leasing these cars to clients. No need for a bank loan and all the paperwork hassle.

Comment

Neither one of the dealers website had any leasing info. Guess I'll have to wait till I get there?

Comment

Well, we could call them and ask sometime this week...Pretty certain though, staff won't have a clue if it were real.

Comment

Working...
              X