Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Order new US spec 550i from dealer worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order new US spec 550i from dealer worth it?

Greetings all. If things go my way, I should be heading over there in about 2 months and staying between 2-3 years. Part of my benefit package is a transportation allowance, & my thinking is I'd rather apply this allowance to getting a car I can take with me back to the states.

I don't want a loaded out car, as I'm more interested in mechanical options than all of those unnecessary interior upgrades.

Can the dealer place an order for a US spec car with the exact options I want, & do you think they will require extra $$ to do it?

Since the new 550 is turbocharged, any precautions I should take cooling system-wise?

From what I've been reading here the last few days, the dealer in Abu Dhabi has a better reputation than the Dubai dealer.

All thoughts welcome.

I'm pretty sure u can't order a US spec car through the dealers... the boyz will be around shortly to give a little more information
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

+1 on what Ahmed said. Pretty sure you can't order a US spec car from the $tealer here.

If you buy the car in US, you should be able to drive it here.
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

You can order a car from the US and import it out of the US with US plates, but once you remove those plates and put different ones on of a different country, that car is not allowed back into the US anymore. Basically once it has passed customs and has been registered in that foreign country. That's what I hear from many.

Ordering a US spec from a Gulf dealer will not work, atleast by theory. That's why there is a Gulf dealer, their cars, parts, servicing, shops and staff training are all for Gulf spec vehicles which are very different from US spec vehicles.

One thing I didn't get straight from your post is, are you going to the states or here? And do you want to order one from here to take it there?
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

+1

The dealers here will not service a US spec car because their part numbers are different.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
            +1

The dealers here will not service a US spec car because their part numbers are different.
            they will and they have too

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
              they will and they have too
              There is only 1 way to find out :lol:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                There is only 1 way to find out :lol:
                looks like you clear your memory every few minutes :lol:

you replied to this thread by yourself , but looks like you didn't read that the US car has AGMC full service history ... :P

http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5695

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                  looks like you clear your memory every few minutes :lol:

you replied to this thread by yourself , but looks like you didn't read that the US car has AGMC full service history ... :P

http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5695
                  Thanks!

Looks like my memory is really going south. Incidentally so is you eyesight. The post says "faint" service history not "full" service history.

A couple of visits to the dealer do not prove anything.

I suggest that the OP call the dealer and make sure what they can offer.
                  sigpic

Comment

SewerSide, I wanted to buy a car once I get to Dubai in about 6-8 weeks from now. I guess my original thought is out the window.

I guess my next question is if I buy a Gulf spec 5er, then what do I have to do to make it legal in the US when I bring it back to the states, say in about 3 years. I have read on some US BMW forums that emissions wise BMW NA says that their cars all meet US emission standards from the factory.

As you guys know, a car of this caliber is a sizable investment. I'm just trying to maximize every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
                      SewerSide, I wanted to buy a car once I get to Dubai in about 6-8 weeks from now. I guess my original thought is out the window.

I guess my next question is if I buy a Gulf spec 5er, then what do I have to do to make it legal in the US when I bring it back to the states, say in about 3 years. I have read on some US BMW forums that emissions wise BMW NA says that their cars all meet US emission standards from the factory.

As you guys know, a car of this caliber is a sizable investment. I'm just trying to maximize every penny.
                      Why do you want to that??
                      I'm lost.
                      Cars in US are way WAY cheaper then the cars here in dubai.
                      All the people i know buy cars from US and then bring it to dxb because it would cost them less money.
                      For example my cousin lives in US he brought a Brand new M3 for 225,000Dhs in dubai M3 costs 320,000Dhs.
                      Last edited by mn07; 14-05-2011, 08:44 PM.
                      335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
                      White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Working...
                      X