General Consensus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Consensus...

Right, everyone is going to be different, but different is good. So, before I oppose my question I'll give you a "Dan" history lesson!

1st BM - E46 2001 330Ci M-Sport - Imola Red (With the tints as well, it looks amazing!)

Loved it, miss selling it, but the UK fuel prices are a joke...As is the insurance!

2nd BM - E46 2002 320d (Cost saving meausre) - No Pics

3rd BM - E46 2003 M3 - Died :( Ayham knows the details

Miss this one a lot!! First M3...maybe not the last.

So, all in all I am a BM fan. Previous to them, I had a 2002 Facelift Seat Leon Cupra (180bhp stock, remaped to 225 - pretty cool car!) Now's the time where I'm looking to get another car - obviously its going to be another BMW! However, I am contemplating what to go for...

Do I stick with my E46 portfolio and get another M3? Or, do I go all out and get an E92 M3??
    Or, go really crazy and look at the E63 M6? (Still sticking with the Coupe scene).
    Or, looking at pricing...the E60 M5 is becoming attractive...and anyone who's seen Top Gear in the UK will know that Jeremy Clarkson loves the M5, but also is fond of the E92 M3.

I was considering going to the dark side and venturing to a Roush Mustang, but after many "I miss my M3" quotes to the mrs, she said to stick to BM's - as they seem to suit me too!

What would have been cool is if I could have joined everyone heading to Jebel Hafeet and perhaps sat passenger in a couple to see what they're like, but I'm working which flat out sucks!

So, opinions please people :)
    Much appreciated! :)

I vote for a V10, now the question is which one would it be, M5 or the M6 ?

Again, ill go for the M5, its a family sedan and can turn into a monster whenever you want it, inshort best of both worlds !

Comment

I love them all but try the v10 this time m6 is awesome

Comment

I'm very fond of the M5- my friend has one in the UK (although he lives in the US now) and it was the first time I experience lauch control and...wow - it was seriously cool! The M6 put me off initially because in the UK it was £20,000 more, and you got less for your money - out here it seems similar, but not to the extent of the UK. The M5 seems ideal because of its size and because we have frequent visitors - M6 because its coupe and, well is as awesome as the M5 - but price difference, I don't think it cuts it!

Thanks for the advice so far guys! I really appreciate it :)

Comment

And that's great looking E46 330ci !! :drool:

Go with the V10s...
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I would go M5 - think it meets all your criteria except for the 2 door.

So in short, I am with SSense on this.
            1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
            2012 Camaro SS
            2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
            2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

///M6 FTW!!!

The ///M5 has too many doors, with all due respect to my fellow ///M5 owners in the club.

:lol:
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

M5 fo SHIZZLE!!! no offense to anyone who owns an M6 but I hate the way that car looks... with the exception of Hasan's... slightly like that one :)

By the way, I've seen the damage to ur e46 M3.... Thank God you're alright, not a pretty scene!
                sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Thanks Ahamd!

The E63 is a shape that is not easily likable.
                  sigpic

Comment

check the below link , u'll get to know the difference between an M5 and M6,
                    watch it till the end whereby Tiff Needell (Fifth Gear MotorShow) makes a conlusion:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukjoRqJIOQ

M5 :1stcup:

Comment

If I were you , I'd go for the e92 m3, i love the car especially if its white with CF parts. Next comes the M6. If you see/hear Hassan's car you will forget about any m5/m3 :) or maybe thats just me :)

Good luck
                      07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Indeed the E9x M3 with the DCT is an absolute monster.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hassan, the M5 or M6 will smash the E92 M3 By far....
                          it s better to go for a V10

Comment

Originally posted by Chuc View Post
                            Hassan, the M5 or M6 will smash the E92 M3 By far....
                            it s better to go for a V10
                            In a straight line => Yes

On the track => No way
                            sigpic

Comment

M6 & M5 = elephants.

I'm an E46 M3 fan, the E60 and E63 are brilliant but they are a lot of money to run, least of all is the fuel consumption. If you can afford the V10, go for it :)

Comment

Working...
                              X